• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

worrying myself - first injection done

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
Daily check of Mabel and on her right side mouth quite far back today I feel a lump I can describe best as like what get on our necks if we have infection. You can move it around a little, so I'm guessing dental abscess she going to vets tomorrow get it checked as my heart missed beats and hoping it nothing more serious she is all I have 😢 my baby, best friend 💜
She is fine in self eating but always does the only sign is her runny eyes her molars don't look to bad but may need vet check very back ones, her breath does have the smell of dental time though full saliva on that side I can't see her very back molars I feel sick please be nothing to worry mummy Mabel as I am nearly crying

Last edited:
These pets are such at worry at times, try not to worry (easier said than done) until she has been checked xxx

:( You are amazing being able to check Mabel so thoroughly & Mabel is such a good girl for letting you. I will be sending lots of vibes for her appointment tomorrow & for you

Oh no what a worry, I really hope that all is ok tomorrow with Mabel. I know how worrying it is, poor Toffee keeps sneezing, vet thought it might be hay fever, but I'm not convinced. In my mind, I keep thinking tooth roots, going to have him xrayed next dental time, which won't be long :roll:

If Mabel's eating and behaving as normal, that can only be a good sign, so keeping everything crossed here, will be thinking of you both xxxxx

thanks everyone, gave her some metacam earlier, she ate her herbs but wasn't going for plants in garden although she was still bright outside, I am more then certain its due to her tooth root elongation she has although its slight, and checked my calendar and she would be due a dental round about now

thanks everyone, gave her some metacam earlier, she ate her herbs but wasn't going for plants in garden although she was still bright outside, I am more then certain its due to her tooth root elongation she has although its slight, and checked my calendar and she would be due a dental round about now

Hope all goes well for her Lisa. She's lucky to have you to care for her xx

Good luck for her check up.

One lucky Mabel, she is :D

Try not to get too worried it might be nothing serious. Let us know how she gets on tomorrow xx

thanks, I have rechecked her mouth and got better view with saliva out of way, it is a dental that is needed the problem tooth has made the on behind spur our and some at back, i am not happy to wait till 4.10am with her though will phone up again in morning and demand her to be seen

I too think it's fantastic that you can examine Mabel's so expertly. I'm sorry that she's got toothy problems again though.

I agree you should try to get an earlier appointment for her tomorrow. I also would struggle to wait until late afternoon if I was worried.

I really hope she's OK.

I too think it's fantastic that you can examine Mabel's so expertly. I'm sorry that she's got toothy problems again though.

I agree you should try to get an earlier appointment for her tomorrow. I also would struggle to wait until late afternoon if I was worried.

I really hope she's OK.

Mabel s having dental today made sure I was on doorstep for as soon as they opened as making her wait till 4.10 wouldn't be good as she'd have go through night like last night gargling saliva and grinding her teeth on right side, hope she be ok

Thinking of you and Mabel and sending loads of vibes for her dental and hugs for you. Well done for getting her seen asap today. What a lucky girlie she is to have you.

Straightforward dental vibes for beautiful Mabel. Will be checking in regularly to see how your little lady is

Back