• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trimming nails, head tilt bun

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
Hiro needs his nails trimming but I've never done them myself before. We would usually take them all in for a general check up and get his teeth, weight etc checked and then get his nails trimmed whilst we were there.
Unfortunately he really hates the car and any stressful situation since he got tilty so I've purchased some nail clippers. I don't really know where to start though! I can't help but think that he is going to start rolling so how do you trim the nails of a rolling rabbit?

The best way I found was with help - you hold and the other trims or vice versa. If there is no-one else there to help then try wrapping bunny in a towel although it tends to get in the way with me if you are doing claws. Are they very long or could you hang on for a bit longer?

They're not VERY long but its probably the longest that i've left it. I think we just have to go for it and hope for the best. I hate the idea of causing him stress :(

Back