• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today i need this...

bunnybannanas

Mama Doe
ee14e63ce1d3b460d257f580fb699b0f.jpg

Especially after today. Siiiiigh. 8 days left in this profession.

I normally am but today i was told by someone that I'm wrong about who a Restraining Order applies to because she googled it. 10 years I've done this job. I'd hope I know something as simple as who a Restraining Order applies to.

Wow, you're leaving? Have you got anything new & exciting lined up?

PS I bet many professionals feel you're pain - especially our vets

Wow, you're leaving? Have you got anything new & exciting lined up?

PS I bet many professionals feel you're pain - especially our vets

I am leaving law completely and going to be a practice manager in a local dentists. Something totally new but I've lost the passion for it now unfortunately!

I am leaving law completely and going to be a practice manager in a local dentists. Something totally new but I've lost the passion for it now unfortunately!

All the best for your new ventures. Its good you are following your heart. Work takes up too much of your waking life to do something that makes you miserable

I normally am but today i was told by someone that I'm wrong about who a Restraining Order applies to because she googled it. 10 years I've done this job. I'd hope I know something as simple as who a Restraining Order applies to.

There are always people who think they know better than the rest of us :roll:

Thinking of you in your new role xx

Doctors also run into patients who often think they know best. I am not saying it is not good to get as much knowledge as you can about a possible illness/disease. It is when people use the information and tell their doctor their diagnosis and then ask for a perscription for medication, rather than asking the doctor if it is possible if they have whatever it is they think they have and asking him/her why they do or do not think it is the case.
People questioning you is one thing, but having them quote google and insist they are correct when you tell them it is not the case is hard to swallow.
Good luck with your new career.

Doctors also run into patients who often think they know best. I am not saying it is not good to get as much knowledge as you can about a possible illness/disease. It is when people use the information and tell their doctor their diagnosis and then ask for a perscription for medication, rather than asking the doctor if it is possible if they have whatever it is they think they have and asking him/her why they do or do not think it is the case.
People questioning you is one thing, but having them quote google and insist they are correct when you tell them it is not the case is hard to swallow.
Good luck with your new career.

Exactly this. I'm all for people researching and I don't have a problem guiding them if it's incorrect and to be fair in the past when this has happened or when i get "the law is unfair" etc I'm extremely patient and normally after a few tomes of explaining it, it sinks in.

But this crank literally sat there shaking her head repeating "you're wrong. I googled it" now as i said I'm rather tolerant when it comes to clients but i felt like skull ragging her after 10 minutes. It took a lot of counting to 10s in my head to keep calm!

Anyways not long to go and thank you very much for the luck - I'm going to need it x

Back