• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Spencer my new bunny!

Laura10101

Warren Scout
Hi,

This is Spencer my new blue continental giant. He is only 13 weeks old but is so friendly and confident already. We got him to bond with our other continental giant Darcy. It's been a bit of a disaster so far- he is love stuck but Darcy is not impressed and keeps attacking him :( we have heard him scream twice now and have had to separate them. Luckily neither of them has been seriously hurt yet. Any tips for bonding them?

Laura

Hi there Spencer :love: You should wait until he is neutered really but the bonding will have to be done in a neutral area as female rabbits get very territorial. Is your female spayed?

Yes she was spayed a few months ago. We tried neutral territory but our usually super friendly girl turned into a monster as soon as she saw him! It doesn't help that she is quite big compared to him.

We have only had him 4 days. They can tolerate each other living side by side but as soon as they meet my doe goes crazy. Bonding rabbits is so stressful!

Fist of all, he is gorgeous! and those ears!
I don't know how much of a help I can be but I've bonded my two bunnies and they are completely in love now so I try to explain how I did it.
They first met when I took Poppy to see Oscar at the recuse and they met in neutral territory (at this point poppy was spayed however Oscar wasn't neutered). Once Oscar was sorted I collected him from the rescue, taking Poppy with me. They then travelled home in separate carriers in the car, which may have been a little stressful for them both as bunnies don't tend to like car journeys. So this may helped bond them. When I got them home they were in separate pen next to one another, and changed them over roughly twice a day so they got to know the smell of each other. Eventually they were really eager to be with one another, to I started to introduce them. There was a bit of dominance going on and chasing around however I just interfered and stopped them.
I'm not sure how helpful my story has been but I would just suggest switching them over into each others pens and also when you feed them put their food next to each other (in separate pens) because eating tends to be a social activities for buns.
Best of luck with bonding them, and keep us updated! X

Back