• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pippin's gone!

Pippin'sMum

Alpha Buck
I'm in bits this morning, I've lost my boy. I woke up at 4 am to go to work and found him in pain and obviously ill. He's been one for stasis in the past so I gave him some metoclopramide and metacam, but after an hour there was no improvement, he sat with his head in the waterbowl. I rang the vets at 6.30 and took him down to the surgery for 7. The vet said she could feel his stomach was enlarged and painful and there were no gut sounds, which was a very bad sign. She xrayed him and his stomach was huge. No oral treatment, fluids, metaclop or anything would help, and she didn't feel it was fair to put him through an op with no real chance of success, so I had to make the decision. He was 7 years old, and I'd had him since he was about 8 - 10 weeks old. He really was my baby. His hunbun is now his widow.

Rest in peace little boy, I could not have loved you more xx

I'm so sorry. Heartbreaking. I think it's a terrible way to lose them, a chance thing, like Russian roulette, not underlying illness, it makes it so unfair. :cry:

Aw! I am so sorry to hear this but he had a lovely life with you. It's still heartbreaking though! Rest in Peace Pippin xx

I'm so sorry :(
He's so very well loved by you. Sending comforting vibes to you and his husbun. RIP Pippin xx

I'm in bits this morning, I've lost my boy. I woke up at 4 am to go to work and found him in pain and obviously ill. He's been one for stasis in the past so I gave him some metoclopramide and metacam, but after an hour there was no improvement, he sat with his head in the waterbowl. I rang the vets at 6.30 and took him down to the surgery for 7. The vet said she could feel his stomach was enlarged and painful and there were no gut sounds, which was a very bad sign. She xrayed him and his stomach was huge. No oral treatment, fluids, metaclop or anything would help, and she didn't feel it was fair to put him through an op with no real chance of success, so I had to make the decision. He was 7 years old, and I'd had him since he was about 8 - 10 weeks old. He really was my baby. His hunbun is now his widow.

Rest in peace little boy, I could not have loved you more xx

Oh P I am so sorry :(

Having met you I know how this would have hit you.

Thinking of you and sending love and hugs xx

Rest well dear Pippin xx

Oh no, I'm so very sorry, what an awful shock for you. I'm sure he knew how much he was loved by you, and his hunbun. Binky free Pippin. Hugs to both of you xxxxx

I am so very sorry . It is simply awful how rabbits can be with us one moment and the unexpectedly leave us despite all we can do.

Back