• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Decisions, decisions ud- bondingggg!

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
I swear I am annoying honeybunny no end right no. So this is a public apology for the first. I'm sorry for continually bugging you about my decision making and discussing options. I should (and think I am going to?) take a step back and let myself take stock of things as they stand right now. I think it's easier/fairer that way.

Anyhow- I've let my anxiety completely fixate on Persephone's future husbun and overtake all my decision making. I'm letting myself stress out too much. It's stupid, frustrating for everyone involved, myself included. Decisions are hard to make, especially as I love the look of so many potential boys that Honeybunnies have right now. Part of me thinks it might be better to make a decision and stick with it - and the other part of me thinks that's not fair regarding the buns and honeybunny.

I'm not going to be passing by Honeybunnies (on the way home) until 31st July. I love the look of a certain young buck, but reserving him for a month is a long while. He could theoretically be in a home next week (which is better for him, of course) and then reserving him for a month is unfair on him, unfair on honeybunny and her charity (which needs space, not having a bun sitting there who's ready to be rehomed, but the reserver isn't quite ready yet.) I mean, I'm definitely going to rehome from them and my best friend asked if a "guaranteed new home" wouldn't be a good thing - of course it is - but it also means taking up space where rabbits that are in dire straits for a month when things could move quicker for him.

And then there's the babies: I fell hook, line and sinker for a certain one of Seaside's babies, but he turned out to be more likely to be a she. I've fielded the idea of adopting 2 of the babies for Persephone, but that is in some ways letting heart rule over head by a considerable distance. Plus, the babies are gorgeous and are probably going to be super adoptable when they are ready for homes. Plus, the timing means two trips to Derbyshire/Leicestershire (poss 3 if I had 2 babies) rather than just the one. Plus, whilst I'm more than capable of giving rabbits a good home, I have a lot already and 10 should really be my limit. Aaargh.

Really, what I think I need to do is just STOP for a while and let myself (and everyone else involved) BREATHE. The buns aren't going anywhere. I need to come back in 2 weeks time (after Sef's been spayed) and THEN take stock of the situation.

I THINK what I should really do now is stop, as I said. In 2 weeks time, re-contact honeybunny and discuss the bucks who are available there. And then, make a decision based on Persephone's (and future husbun's) best interest, not mine. I'm getting to know her personality very well now and making a match in that way would probably be better for everyone (and everybun) involved.

And I REALLY REALLY need to have words with heart and head.

Sorry, honeybunny. I must be the worst.

And sorry everyone else. Thanks for reading my anxiety-riddled post if you've got this far. I'm not even sure why I wrote it I needed to.

Last edited:
I think taking a step back until the time comes seems more ideal for you, especially if you're getting yourself in a wee flap about it :love:

I'm on the lookout for a wifebun for Micky, and I so desperately want to meet somebun, but I know it'll be approx a month off yet before I can. I don't want to torture myself (or end up rushing into it) by keeping on looking, so whilst I've got a rescue in mind, I've had to take a step back and promise myself not to even look until nearer the time. Else I'll drive myself crazy :lol:

When I moved up from England to Scotland, my hutches got really damaged, and the one he's in now really does need replacing. So I have that to pay for, plus vax, then of course £65 rehoming fee for somebun. I'll be taking out insurance for the new bun, that's for sure :lol:

I'm a big believer in what's meant to be, will be. If the buck you've fallen for is meant to be her husbun, it will happen. I'm not fussed on whichbun I end up adopting, as long as Micky loves her :love:

Indeed, it is a stressful time looking for new buns :roll: :lol:

Have her spayed and recover before making a decision. Could you then take her to see which male she gets along with the best?

Have her spayed and recover before making a decision. Could you then take her to see which male she gets along with the best?

I've got myself in a complete flap and it was stupid of me tbh. I can't take her; it's not practical, unfortunately. I'll be breaking my journey up by staying with my father and he has a very anti-other-animals dog. :(

I've got myself in a complete flap and it was stupid of me tbh. I can't take her; it's not practical, unfortunately. I'll be breaking my journey up by staying with my father and he has a very anti-other-animals dog. :(

I get you, I too often get myself in a complete flap.

Maybe approach a rescue nearer to you to arrange bunny dating?

I get you, I too often get myself in a complete flap.

Maybe approach a rescue nearer to you to arrange bunny dating?

Yeah, it's pretty awful.

Nope. The one I adopted Apollo from I've had problems with and can't/won't adopt from again (and they refuse to do bunny dating anyhow.) I'm in an awkward position for rescues it seems.

Yeah, it's pretty awful.

Nope. The one I adopted Apollo from I've had problems with and can't/won't adopt from again (and they refuse to do bunny dating anyhow.) I'm in an awkward position for rescues it seems.

The thing with adopting a bunny without them meeting scares me as what if they don't like each other?

I'm not sure what the answer is for you :(

I'm sure that honeybunny will be able to suggest the best possible match for your rabbit personality wise. I would go with that suggestion, whatever that is.

I'm sure it will all be fine :thumb:

Really, what I think I need to do is just STOP for a while and let myself (and everyone else involved) BREATHE. The buns aren't going anywhere. I need to come back in 2 weeks time (after Sef's been spayed) and THEN take stock of the situation.

Hi, I think this paragraph sums things up the best :).

Everything will come good in the end, you just need to give things time (easier said than done, I know). There's a very good chance that the 'perfect' one will be there, when the time is right.

Having said that though, if honeybunnies thinks there could be a good match and is happy to reserve for a while, then it could be an option.

I'm resisting the urge to look at rescues myself, as I know that I have a few months to wait x

The thing with adopting a bunny without them meeting scares me as what if they don't like each other?

I'm not sure what the answer is for you :(

I do this all the time, and have never *not* had it work out. However, I think a 'step back' approach is a very good idea.

I also subscribe to the notion - 'if it's meant to be, then it will be'

Sending relaxing vibes for you xx

I'm sure we all feel for you, this is the best place to get stuff like this off your chest, mulling it over and getting others' perspectives. We've all been there and know what you are going through! Don't feel bad for posting your ramblings!

Thanks everyone. I do feel better now I have a far more 'sensible' plan in my head. I've been running before I can walk, and that's just made me realise how daft and exhausting that is. But thank you all for your support; at least I know what will be, will be. :oops:

Now I've had it at the back of my mind instead of the forefront for a few days, I think I've finally come to a conclusion. I just need to send a message and get the ok back... we shall see. :)

...or maybe, I should wait until Sef is actually spayed (next Tuesday eeeeeek)

Hope everything goes well with the op :)

Probably no harm in sending the message .... Or maybe wait till next week lol ;) :lol: x

I sent the message :)

I'm glad I've waited these extra couple of weeks before spaying her. She was pretty settled but her personality has shined through now. She's so vivacious and outgoing. She's such a bundle of energy too - it does make me wonder if she might be TOO outgoing for a timid buck, or if she'd bring him out of his shell. Today she groomed my cheek rather assiduously; she normally goes for my arms/hands though. And she likes grooming my mum's nose and my OH's legs. :lol:

I have literally actually completely made my decision... and it's the same bun from 20 days' ago. I've loved the look of him for a long time and can't wait to finally meet him!

Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind at the last minute (;)) but I don't think I will. I've loved this one since before I even had a single doe to bond with him.

Only hope Sef likes him as much as I do!

I will be picking him up on Sunday, alongside 2 piggies which my brother's adopting. :D

I have literally actually completely made my decision... and it's the same bun from 20 days' ago. I've loved the look of him for a long time and can't wait to finally meet him!

Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind at the last minute (;)) but I don't think I will. I've loved this one since before I even had a single doe to bond with him.

Only hope Sef likes him as much as I do!

I will be picking him up on Sunday, alongside 2 piggies which my brother's adopting. :D

This sound like it was meant to be :) I hope that Sef falls in love with him immediately :)

Back