• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue's in Midlothian, Scotland or near.

JessBun

Mama Doe
Does anyone know of any rescue's around this area. We unfortunately have no transport but obviously can use train etc within reasonable distance. Our local vets is the Royal **** Vets Easterbush and just down the road - so I'll also try asking them if they know of any when Micky goes in for jabs, if I have no luck here.

We want to find rescue's now, so that when the time comes in a month or so I'll have plenty of options to find Micky a wifebun. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any remotely close, and it's looking more and more like the rescue section at Pets@Home will be the only option.

I really would prefer to support an independent rescue rather than the likes of the SSPCA. I enquired about rehoming a snake from them a few months back - and they were absolutely terrible to deal with so much so I had to make complaint. When I called them they wouldn't tell me what size vivarium they wanted to rehome to, how much rehoming fee's were, any health conditions/treatments etc. They just kept repeating to come in and meet the snake first (which obviously they won't rehome without you meeting the animal first... I wasn't expecting it delivered with no home check for goodness sake!!) they just did not want to give any information out about their rehoming requirements (almost as if they just wanted to put people off) and were a nightmare to deal with. Thank you :love:

Thank you very much, will have a wee look.

If anyone does know of anywhere closer too, I'd really appreciate it. Glasgow is still quite far out. I don't actually mind the travelling, but ideally somewhere I could transport bun with a quiet taxi ride or similar would be better for them. Having to travel from Edinburgh city, the public transport here is so so busy and loud, poor bun would be majorly stressed out - I'd be fretting terribly.

Pretty sure Fairly Beloved are the only one left.
A lot of their buns are in foster care and I believe they have fostes in the Falkirk area as well as further west.

Thanks, all :wave: Will get in touch with them nearer the time.

Would always prefer to collect where poss to keep their costs down (and if we can grab someone to help us even better!) - but then I suppose transport costs them anyway with home check. Falkirk is much nearer - unfortunately it still means getting the train from Edinburgh city and then buses home from the city.

I've always been willing to travel for my pets (quite some distances too :D) but anyone who's used the city public transport will know just how loud, busy and really stressful it could be for bun. You'd be looking at least 2 and half hours all in from Falkirk alone so very busy for them. The rescue seem lovely from the website so I'm sure they'll try and help best they can.

I need a really laid back and non-bossy lady for Mickey, so a rescue with history is best. I wouldn't trust Pets@home (even in the rescue area) as far as I could throw them, and non of the aftercare neither. Hopefully we'll manage to sort something. xX

Back