• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Patch the Pygmy goat and her stillborn kid

Zoobec

Staff member
I cannot believe I am writing this :cry: Patch started to give birth yesterday morning, and couldn't deliver the kid. I called the vet out and he couldn't get it out either. We had to go for a Caesarian. Sadly the kid was dead and it had perforated her womb. We rushed her into the vets surgery for them to try and save her by spaying her, she came round from the operation but then started haemorrhaging and they rang me last night to ask for permission to PTS :cry:

I am devastated :cry: poor Pumpkin, her partner is distraught :cry:

What I thought was going to be an amazing joyous day turned out into a nightmare :cry:

RIP Patch, you fought so hard. I'm so sorry we couldn't save you :cry:

I promise to look after Pumpkin for you xx

I'm so sorry, you've had a tough time with goats recently. I can't imagine the pain of going from excitement of new arrival to losing both of them.

Thankyou, I've been giving him lots of hugs, cheek scratches and shoulder massages to help make him feel better.

What a whirlwind of emotions. Rest easy at the bridge Patch and little one. Love and hugs to you and Pumpkin. x

Back