• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Drinking problems

I've successfully bonded Barney and Clayton but there is one issue that is keep occurring. Clayton tries to block off the water bottles whenever Barney gets a drink by lying in front of them. Is this something I should be concerned about in terms of their bond? They have one water bottle on each side of their enclosure and I was thinking of giving them a water bowl too so that Barney could go to it if Clayton is trying to stop him from drinking although Barney is still drinking enough as of right now so I have no concerns over his health.

Last edited:
Sounds like a bowl would be a good idea. I only use bowls, anyway, as they can get a good slurp rather than working hard to get it out from a bottle. (Not sure whether you've ever witnessed the sound of a rabbit drinking from a bowl - it's a good sound). I use a metal dog bowl.

I would recommend a water bowl for your rabbits as they can drink easier from these and it is a more natural way of them drinking too! My rabbits love the water bowls and make cute noises when slurping from them!

I have noticed some buns gets right in front of the bowl/bottle and it looks like they are trying to stop the other bun from drinking - can't imagine why, but a big bowl sounds like a good idea :)

Back