• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neighbours just complimented my Bunnys good behaviour!

moi

Mama Doe
Our routine is I let Tonic and Peggy outside, then when its time for them to go in I clap and say in and make sure they have food waiting. Then Bunny and Benji get let out and when they need to go in I shake the food and in they go. My neighbour just popped his head over the fence and said how well behaved they are and he cant believe how easy it is for me to get them inside :) Hes obviusly not home the times Im chasing them like a loon shouting 'blooming rabbits, Im not in the mood for this ****'! lol x

It's nice of them to say that and notice you can train bunnies.

Good job he never sees the chasing ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I must admit they do go in most the time, took a bit of time and patience but we got there. But sometimes they are like children who dont want to come in from playing! lol x

Funny thing is they only do it for me and my Youngest as we are the people who have trained them. One day a friend was housesitting, she phoned to say Peggy had legged it into the garden. I said chuck some food in her room, clap your hands behind her and she'll go in.. She had to chase her for about an hour! lol x

Funny thing is they only do it for me and my Youngest as we are the people who have trained them. One day a friend was housesitting, she phoned to say Peggy had legged it into the garden. I said chuck some food in her room, clap your hands behind her and she'll go in.. She had to chase her for about an hour! lol x

:lol: :lol: wish that was recorded on camera - sounds amazingly funny.

Ours can be right toerags too, inevitably when we're tired, it's very late or raining! They're usually good enough when we shake their bowl, or Aboleth goes back to get Lopsy, but sometimes both will be morons! Thankfully they've taken to being retarded but sitting in the hutch rather than actively outside so we can shut them up and leave their pellets in the playhouse for whoever gets there first! They often behave when other people are watching though, which is nice...! I have a great technique for getting them in which is to tickle their tummies! I also make stupid noises I never normally make and run around like a lunatic. Like owner, like buns! Longest I've spent chasing them is about 30mins :)

Funny little things arent they!

Good job my neighbours werent in there garden today... Peggy was trying to get out while the other 2 was out, so I couldnt open the door to get myself in. I ended up saying 'oh for petes sake Peggy dont be a knob all ya life'! lol x

Sonic has a habit of sitting under the shed. No reason, he just loves it! But you cannot get him out. He quite likes rain, and has worked out that if it starts to rain I'll put him back, so to avoid that he sits under the shed. The amount of times the neighbours have rushed out to get washing in and just seen me sat in the shed in the rain with my head in my hands!

The very idea of bunnies that come when called sounds like heaven - lucky you!

Joey absolutely refuses to come in until he is absolutely ready...I think Boo has some influence but we have none :lol:
Mouse has never come in on her own, requiring up to an hour of both of us trying to usher her in to overgrowth so I can pick her up. Problem being almost every bush has 3 exit points. When Mouse runs she runs. Six bounds & she clears the garden.
Boo is not too bad as she goes out to explore & eat but comes in regularly to snooze. Being deaf its pointless calling her too. She does let me pick her up if I manage not to spook her on approach. Often Boo lets herself out & I've no need to worry as she is the easiest. To let all of them out means I've committed til 10pm to wandering round the garden like a lune

Aww that's sweet he noticed and mentioned it to you!

My lovely bridge bunny Chester was a super little thing. I could call his name or whistle the same syllables as his name and he would come straight to me from wherever he was. He would come bombing down the stairs to find me or in from the garden. We had such a bond :love:

My current two, absolutely not a chance!!

Its more the clapping and knowing they are getting food. If I call there names I get ignored! lol

They currently have the hump, especially Peggy. We call her our 'feng shui' bun as she likes to rearange the hoes the others dig, they clearly are not correct! lol But they had dug a HUGE burrow, was getting very close to next doors so I filled it in. Shes currently sat there thumping at the shoddy job Ive done! lol x

Back