• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I tried an animal communicator!

MiniC

Wise Old Thumper
A couple of weeks ago, I asked people if they had ever tried using an animal communicator, and I promised to share the results if I went for it.

A little history: a few years ago, my mum did a course in animal communication. She passed away last year before we got our bunnies, and I was always curious what she would have picked up on if she had still been alive. I decided to put my curiosity to rest, and paid for an hour-long consultation. I was mildly sceptical, but it was worth the money to help me with another aspect of my grief. I hope this will help prevent people from telling me I wasted my money.

I found the consultation quite interesting, we started with Poppy: Poppy was the first to come forward with her tales. Poppy loves hopping up and loves being nosey. She likes being in the kitchen where the food is (we actually don't let her into the kitchen, but I might try letting her). She's afraid of feet (OH accidentally kicked her the other day, not hard, no injury, but I wondered if she'd tell on us!)

She likes being brushed in an affectionate and soft way, but she has pain in her hips, and doesn't want us to press as hard there. She'sa bit upset by a dripping sound, it's really loud and sounds like it's coming from upstairs (our shower is actually dripping right now a couple of rooms away, and I think it's this she's hearing), but she feels saferwhen i'm home so she knows it's not a monster. She is also quite frightened by the flashing tv images.

She would lime us to get more excited around them and play more, she feels we spemd a lot of time being morose and serious.

She is really curious about the way I play with my long dark hair, and finds it really funny the way I talk to myself out loud (guilty I both counts!), and she wasespecially curious when I was tying my hair up the other night.she thinks I feel the cold quite easily (I always sit with a cove over my lap).

Health-wise, she said Poppy feels lime she is ramping up for a pregnancy, even though she knows she can't have babies. She's sad about that. She has a pain in her abdomen and thinks she has some cysts in there. She thinks she won't be around as long as we think she will be, and she's sorry about that, but she doesn't want us to worry about it too much.

She talked about my partner, he is lonely and sad about something, and she has an image of him looking out to the stars and drawing the curtains, and feeling sad while he does it. He isn't dealing with his sadness very well, she thinks ne needs to do something physical, scream and shout and run about.

I'll talk about Billy in a separate post...

Billy thinks of himself as a man (not a boy), he is really protective of Poppy, and she is his world. She thinks he might be slightly deaf, and he is quite depressed. He also feels a bit dizzy, like the room is spinning, so he might have an inner ear thing (I wondered if it's because he's on painkillers just now).

Billy used to be an outside bunny (we didn't know this), and he misses the feeling of being outside in the rain and having wet fur. He'd like to go outside sometimes and he'd like it to be at night time.

He showed her a bit about his old home: he was in a garden and there were kids bikes around. The woman who had him was a bit older with a coarse voice, and he was always aware of her legs next to his pen and he really hated it. There was a little boy who would mishandle him, at one point he put his hands around Billy's neck and ears in a rough way (not like strangling), but Billy really hated it, and really doesn't want hands near his neck. He just had a bad feeling of being trapped and feels really wounded by this treatment. At some point he was just aware of the kids not being interested anymore.

When he went to the shelter, he was aware of being given a health check and feeling really proud that he was healthy and he was going to go to a new nome to get away from his situation. He thinks if me as being like his mummy, protecting him from that bad situation, and be really looks forward to us coming home because he misses me when I'm away. He was super pleased thay he wasn't in the shelter for very long, and was adopted so quickly!

He was showing her something about biting me, and I thought it was funny; last week I had to give billy medication, and he became very hand shy, so I was just soothing him and saying that I would never hurt him, he's safe, and I promised if I ever hit him, he could bite me really hard and pay me back for it, but I would never hit him, so that would never happen. Anyway, when I picked him up to give him his next dose of meds, he struggled a bit and I had to restrain him and he bit me for the first time, and I thought it was funny he bit me after I had given him permission to bite me! I had thought I was being daft because rabbit don't understand human, but I just found it funny he brought up biting...

Anyway, the communicator asked if I had any questions fir billy, and I asked if there was anything we could do to earn his trust a bit better. She said he lowered his head with disappointment, because he was really sad to think he had disappointed us by being so shy around us. He just felt so unsafe with the old woman. Because he was abused, we need to learn to approach him in a different way, and make sure we're calm and positive so he doesn't pick up on any stress.

He'd also just like us to give him some warning when the hoover is coming out! And he is scared of o e of our boxes because it fell on him (it actually fell with him inside it), and he wants us to stop moving their rug.

(P.s. sorry for lots of spelling mistakes, I forget my tablet doesn't autocorrect!)

Last edited:
All sound very positive to me, makes me think about getting some one to my buns again.

I'd love to know what Scooby's (cat) life was like before he was dumped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MiniC, I would never say you wasted your money :)

It sounds very honest and helpful to me, whatever other sceptics may say :lol:
And at the end of the day, if it's been helpful to you and your rabbits, that's all that counts.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post feedback. I was very interested to read your posts :D

Sorry all, I realise it was well past my bed time, so didn't have time to comment further!

I will say there were a few things there that didn't make sense to me. Things like mentioning stairs, as we are in a flat. But I was so impressed to hear Billy's background as that was the exact sort of thing I was hoping for.

What I should say is that Billy is a super scared bunny, I'm always saying this. My aunt told me a rabbit can be born shy, but to be that scared is a learned behaviour, and suggests he's been abused. I didn't get the impression he had been physically abused, but thought perhaps he had belonged to some overly handsy children, and of course, as rabbits do, billy would have retreated into himself and the children would have grown fed up with their rabbit who wasn't a puppy(!) and lost interest, which would be why he was give away for adoption.

I don't think I ever said that to anyone but my partner, so to basically have the communicator confirm what I thought was absolutely fascinating! I didn't tell her anything about Billy being shy, the only history she had was that Billy had been a rescue bunny, and I did my best to stay non-commital on the ohine and not confirm anything she said to lead her down a strange path.

Poppy talked about me playing with my long dark hair and sweeping it back, and that she had been fascinated by it. I do indeed have long dark hair, and I'm constantly playing with it. In the evenings I pull it back and plait it, or wrap it in a bun, then let it fall and do it all over again. It was such a personal trait, I found that quite interesting too.

She mentioned staring out windows and feeling morose, and this is something my partner can do. She said he felt grief, and I did confirm his dad is very sick just now. She spent a while talking about how my partner isn't dealing with things, he's just escaping by doing things with his computer/videogames. That bit is true, but because I had basically confirmed his dad was dying, that is something a bit obvious to talk about, so if you're sceptical, I'll let you have that one!

She did talk a lot about stairs, upstairs/downstairs, but we are in a flat and have no stairs. But this sort of thing can come down to presumtions the communicator has when talking to you.

I did get a slight tutorial I how to approach our rabnits without worry, as they pick up on that, so I tried it afterwards and just went in 'radiating' what I tjought was an affectionate feeling. Billy was less shy than usual and spent longer sniffing me and not running away, so I think that was a positive to take away. I must keep it up, and be aware not to project a feeling of stress when I approach him, because as a prey animal, he'll pick ul on that and think he should be stressed too.

Jope this helps people!

if it makes you feel betrer than great
But an Animal "Communicator.".would surely have spent time looking up certain pet animals behaviours..and all she told you is generalisations . The "dripping " sound..well if you have a drip in your house good guess..but most people at soem time leave a tap dripping..pipes can make a drip sound..and if all else fails many still have a clock in the hosue so replace drip with tick..not liking feet..rabbits prey animals on the ground..again just common sense

sorry but all just guesswork taking that animals knwon general behaviour into account. Please try putting the nervous bun higher up as I advised..and I didn't even charge You for it! :lol: Good luck!

sorry but all just guesswork taking that animals knwon general behaviour into account. Please try putting the nervous bun higher up as I advised..and I didn't even charge You for it! :lol: Good luck!

I know some of what she said are generalisations so a bit of guesswork might take place. And I was very conscious not to say anything too leading, because I am still sceptical.

I did take your advice on board, and I noticed billy is far more comfortable with me when I'm lying on the floor. I am struggling with places to put him up high, but I think I'll try putting him on the couch while I sit on the floor, and we're looking to get a taller indoor hutch they can climb up in (free reign bunnies, but they still need a base!)

I find this post very intriguing, my own mother had a gift of sorts before she bore children. She told me on several ocassions where she rescued animals that were trapped in garages and cupboards. She didn't speak to them but she was was drawn by a loud alarm bell ringing in her head and transfixed to a door as she passed it. About 5 times this happened that she can remember and every time a dog or cat was set free. I'm very open minded and think that animals have another way of communicating in a way most of us have lost. I'm not so sure about bunnys using words but maybe flashes of memories or feelings perhaps who knows?

if it makes you feel betrer than great
But an Animal "Communicator.".would surely have spent time looking up certain pet animals behaviours..and all she told you is generalisations . The "dripping " sound..well if you have a drip in your house good guess..but most people at soem time leave a tap dripping..pipes can make a drip sound..and if all else fails many still have a clock in the hosue so replace drip with tick..not liking feet..rabbits prey animals on the ground..again just common sense

sorry but all just guesswork taking that animals knwon general behaviour into account
. Please try putting the nervous bun higher up as I advised..and I didn't even charge You for it! :lol: Good luck!

I agree with Jill. But each to their own I guess. An open mind is great, just dont keep opening your purse too ;)

;)I think princess Petra makes her feelings very clear by the looks of things.

This is true. She bit the poor vet again this morning- I'm not sure how many vets I've had to apologise to now. It's so embarrassing!

I would love to know what she's thinking sometimes though

I find this post very intriguing, my own mother had a gift of sorts before she bore children. She told me on several ocassions where she rescued animals that were trapped in garages and cupboards. She didn't speak to them but she was was drawn by a loud alarm bell ringing in her head and transfixed to a door as she passed it. About 5 times this happened that she can remember and every time a dog or cat was set free. I'm very open minded and think that animals have another way of communicating in a way most of us have lost. I'm not so sure about bunnys using words but maybe flashes of memories or feelings perhaps who knows?

That's pretty amazing to be able to pick up on those distressed animals and rescue them!

From the way it was described, the animals more express images which the communicator interprets. It was things like 'she's showing me an image of little balls', and also emotional feelings the communicator feels like laughter, pain in abdomen, lowering head in disappointment.

I have been doing some of the actions the communicator said, and Billy has been a little more comfortable around me. I was trying to play more games with Poppy last night, but I'm not sure she understood what I was doing 😂

I love the sound of this. It sounds like it was good fun and I'm tempted to do it for my girls.

It's nice you got some tips on dealing with Billy. Hopefully his bond can grow stronger with you.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back