• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VHD2 Vaccine done update

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Just to mention that yesterday I had 20 of mine vaccined with the new VHD2 and they are all fit and well this morning - I know some people are worried about it so thought I would mention it.

We are doing the other 12 on Friday which includes a couple of elderly etc.

However yesterday we did do Albertine who is over 9 and a doddery old man after a life spent mostly in a 2ft cage, and he is fine this morning pottering around as usual. We did him after some debate him as he is a house/lawn rabbit so high risk for us bringing it in.

Will update if see any reaction from any of them.

so far not even any nodule at vacc site.

That's great news. Thank you. I'm still trying to get hold of it but want to be able to make a decision quickly once it's in. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine too are all still fit and well - it's been a week today (in almost exactly 2 hours time I will have passed the week-to-develop-immunity stage of my de-stressing). 6 adults and 5 babies all done and all ok. The baby bunnies were done at 8 weeks and 1 day old, and just over 2 weeks from their nobivac vaccines, and they too are all absolutely fine. I know that the latter raises other potential issues not least has each vaccine been effective, but given the situation, in the words of my vet 'you haven't got a lot to lose'. No ill effects from the jabs in any case.

Thank you Santa and Parsnipbun for posting your reassurances.

Now I just need to find a vet that can source it :?

great news.

if it helps anyone further - bisc had his with no issues at all. he is ten years old with some health issues.

and our vets also told me that so far they have had no site reactions or any issues with any of the rabbits vaccinated with it so far.. and they must have done alot in those 2-hourly slots over three days!

not to say there won't be, but for now i think it looks to be well tolerated :)

great news.

if it helps anyone further - bisc had his with no issues at all. he is ten years old with some health issues.

and our vets also told me that so far they have had no site reactions or any issues with any of the rabbits vaccinated with it so far.. and they must have done alot in those 2-hourly slots over three days!

this time next week mabel would of had hers to, can't wait

Mine are booked in at Cambs Vets on 29th (first the Conti's) then Nicholas will be booked in say 2 weeks later as he is being neutered that day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hope it all goes well :) i feel relieved bisc has had his, even though i was worried about him having it! x

I think bisc is a testament to it being the right thing to do :D

I shall hassle my vet again in a day or so ... We seem to be lagging behind the rest of the UK :roll:

great news.

That's also reassuring. My Vet in Twickenham is expecting the Vaccine in on Thursday/Friday of this week.

My 6 were all done on the 6th June with age range from 2 - 8 . Two of them have other health issues but I'm happy to say there has been no adverse reactions at all :thumb:

Only side effect so far here was a lot of thumping from his carrier afterwards! He had it done this morning xx

can I check do you take your usual vaccination card to be stamped signed off? or do you get a new one for this vaccine

Back