• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Is this a VHD2 risk?

rachylou

Warren Veteran
My Dad has an allotment on an island and today he went there, I had never thought to ask before if there are any bunnies there and today it popped into my mind so I asked Dad and he said that he wouldn't humour me which made me think it even more, Dan told him right now it would probably be more helpful to just tell me as I am really panicking about the vet visit on Tuesday and Dad didn't answer right away then he said no that he hasn't seen bunnies there.
I am now totally doubting what he has said and think he was saying and am terrified there are bunnies there and that they are going to get vhd and die or they will die after the vaccine on Tuesday and we won't know if it's vhd that they caught before Tuesday or the vaccine.
Seriously my mind is spinning!!

allotment and islands are both very unlikely places for rabbits.

Any rabbits that did get to an island would I am afraid have long ago been persuaded to 'leave' by previous generations of allotment holders.

I take it you are having your own rabbits vaccined soon so that you will no longer need to worry?

Hi, I just wanted to say you are not alone in getting into a panic about this disease.

I've become more and more anxious about it and questioning what I'm doing and am I putting them at risk somehow. I should add that I suffer with anxiety/ocd anyway and struggle to not let my worries take over x

Thankyou both of you, the allotment is private and the plot is only my dads so no other allotment users, does that change whether there would be rabbits or not?

i wouldn't think it likely there would be any there either to be honest.

i hope tomorrow comes around quickly for you and will ease your worries a little x

Went to the vets today to get the new vaccine and whilst waiting for Dan to pay I got talking to another lady with rabbits and I am now panicking like crazy because she put her finger in to our carrier and touched cookies mouth/nose area.
Her rabbits were not vaccinated with the new vaccine and were in for denials, are Jimby and Cookie at risk of vhd2?

Went to the vets today to get the new vaccine and whilst waiting for Dan to pay I got talking to another lady with rabbits and I am now panicking like crazy because she put her finger in to our carrier and touched cookies mouth/nose area.
Her rabbits were not vaccinated with the new vaccine and were in for denials, are Jimby and Cookie at risk of vhd2?

Extremely unlikely.

Your rabbits have now been vaccinated? Their immunity is fully covered in 7 days time :D

Back