• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sulking Petra!!

bunnybannanas

Mama Doe
I'm probably just worrying and overthinking but Petra seems really moody today and I'm a little upset about it.

We've had a family meal today so i put her outside this morning so that I could clean her cage. I brought her back in and we were sat having cuddles (my aunt and cousin love her) my cousin asked to hold her - which she has done plenty of times with no problems - and Petty bit her. I'm not talking playful nibble I'm talking full chunk breaking skin kind of bite.

I took her back and she was absolutely fine. So i put her in the hallway whilst we had dinner. Everyone went and i picked her up for cuddles and she was ok. I put her down and she disappeared under the desk in the dining room.

She was lay down in her litter tray and i went to stroke her and she lunged at me before legging it.

She came over to the sofa before and every time i went near her she backed away to the point where she's sat on a blanket glaring at me.

I really don't know what I've done wrong. She's being most unaffectionate today. I'm sat on a chair and it's weird not having her on my knee but i figure if she's in a mood with me i best leave her alone. She wouldn't even take a treat off me before!

I'm hoping she's just annoyed I've spent time with other humans when she's home.

It may be as simple as there have been other people in the house.

H is a hugely sociable rabbit and loves human company but when we had 6 people here at Christmas he refused to join us at first then, finally, coming to hide behind me.

I'd see how she goes overnight. If she's still "off" tomorrow, I'd be looking for signs of illness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H is a hugely sociable rabbit and loves human company but when we had 6 people here at Christmas he refused to join us at first then, finally, coming to hide behind me.

I'd see how she goes overnight. If she's still "off" tomorrow, I'd be looking for signs of illness.

I hope it's just that. The thought of her being sick terrifies me. She's lying on the floor staring at me now which is what she does if I'm not sitting with her but if i go near her she backs away. It's like she hates me today!

I was also going to say look out for signs of illness if she is still off tomorrow as they will often change their behaviour and become irritable if they are not feeling well. Hopefully that is not it at all but I would be on the side of caution if it were me and she hasn't improved by the morning. Fingers crossed she's just being a grumpy so and so [emoji38]

This sounds like really good advice x

Thank you. I shall keep an eye on her before bed and see if i get my usual kiss before work in the morning. I really hope she's not sick. On the plus she's booked in for her check up on Saturday! Maybe she heard me on the phone and is double fuming ha.

Thank you. I shall keep an eye on her before bed and see if i get my usual kiss before work in the morning. I really hope she's not sick. On the plus she's booked in for her check up on Saturday! Maybe she heard me on the phone and is double fuming ha.

I hope she sleeps it off!! :love:

I think it was just a major sulk. She's fine this morning - i woke up wth her on the end of my bed wanting treats and cuddles. I think I'm forgiven!!

Good to hear it but H says her staff need to up their game here.....

Good to hear it but H says her staff need to up their game here.....

I don't think she likes it when we invite hoomins without consulting her first. I understand it's her house and I should be more considerate.

I will have to double check with her Highness before going out for dinner tonight!! X

I don't think she likes it when we invite hoomins without consulting her first. I understand it's her house and I should be more considerate.

I will have to double check with her Highness before going out for dinner tonight!! X

H: "She didn't do that tidying up thing before the hoomins arrived did she?!" :lol:

H: "She didn't do that tidying up thing before the hoomins arrived did she?!" :lol:

Me cage... Me litter box... Me toys... The lot AND some hoomin held me without asking - no wonder i bit her!!

She puts me through that and wonders why i sulk with her. Unbelievable. I need a new hoomin. AND to top it off. I'm going the vets on Saturday!! She's the only person I legitimately bite (she deserves it).

Prinny P

Prinny P - Emperor N here. I is a grumpy grotbag today. My hoomin slave had the sheer indecency to pick me up. I woz good wiv it, but then he put me down, the cheek. He carries me downstairs, so I runs away & hides (but I also nibbled the carpet, nom!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Prinny P - Emperor N here. I is a grumpy grotbag today. My hoomin slave had the sheer indecency to pick me up. I woz good wiv it, but then he put me down, the cheek. He carries me downstairs, so I runs away & hides (but I also nibbled the carpet, nom!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You shouldn't run away from your pet hoomin. If you don't leg it, you gets treats!!

King Storm here also. Today I got a package with tasty leaves in it from The Hay Experts and they provided a sample pack of aronia berries for me to try too! The hoomin didn't open them and give me one fast enough though so I nipped her boob, and she wasn't wearing a bra either. That's what happens when she doesn't give me my treats immediately! Mwahahaha!!

Back