• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taking Olive back :-(

AmberNikSee

Alpha Buck
We are currently on the way to taking Olive back to the shelter and I am heartbroken. She and Hoss are not a good fit and after 3 months of trying to bond they still fight quite terribly. So she is going to go back and we're going to have Hoss go on more speed dates and bring home the best candidate. I will miss this little fuss pot but we cannot keep three in the house and I don't think we were the best fit for her to be a single bun anyway.
Neither bun is happy to have to make this trip

We did everything aside from the car ride and they constantly would lunge and bite at one another and it got rather aggressive, and I wasn't comfortable driving and having that happen.
We knew this was a possibility as they didn't act one way or another on their speed dates but we had hoped for a better outcome.
I just have to think it as we fostered her and did they best we could for her and she didn't have to live in a cage at the shelter for 4 months.

I'm so sorry to see this, Amber. :( But I hope a new love can be found for Hoss and I'm sure Olive enjoyed her time with you despite not taking to him (can't imagine why not, he's such a handsome guy!) You did your best, try not to feel bad about it. I'm no expert on the subject, but I have never been able to get my three to come together permanently in any combination, no matter how many times I've tried. :(
Thinking of you and hoping for better luck this time around. xxxxx

Back