• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think of this carrier?

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
So the girls currently have this carrier:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ferplast-A...&qid=1466156247&sr=1-177&keywords=cat+carrier

But I struggle to get Phoebe to go into it (I never pick them up to go into it, its always their willing choice with some treats if they do go in).
I think she doesn't like how small and enclosed it is. If I take the top off she'll get in without issues but its a hassle to get the lid back on before she jumps out.

I was looking at this to replace it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Luxury-Mul...&qid=1466156330&sr=1-274&keywords=cat+carrier

But that looks really big and bulky but will be easy to clean (they sometimes have to travel for up to an hour so they sometimes make it damp).

I was also looking at this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Canvas-Dog...&qid=1466156353&sr=1-297&keywords=cat+carrier

It looks lighter to carry & I think it works out bigger but then its not so easy to clean (at least storage will be easy as it can be flat packed if I need to on the rare occasion).

I'm just so confused! There are so many out there & I'd appreciate opinions.

I would always err on the side of practicality when it comes to cleaning/disinfecting, and go for something plastic.

The one you have linked to in the middle there is amazing, it's really practical and easy to clean, and the handle makes it really easy to strap into the car with the seat belt. The only down side is that it is heavy - although it comes with a shoulder strap which might help (I just struggle and complain about the weight). I don't think the weight is prohibitive because it's not usually being carried far.

I would also say search for catit cabrio, that's what that carrier is and you'll find it much cheaper than that link elsewhere on amazon! I've got some on my wish list and they're about £26.99. (edit https://www.amazon.co.uk/Catit-Design-Carrier-Airline-Approved/dp/B002RLE13M)

Last edited:
I would also say search for catit cabrio, that's what that carrier is and you'll find it much cheaper than that link elsewhere on amazon! I've got some on my wish list and they're about £26.99. (edit https://www.amazon.co.uk/Catit-Design-Carrier-Airline-Approved/dp/B002RLE13M)

I have two of these and find them really good. Yes, they are heavy especially with a couple of rabbits inside, but they are sturdy and really easy to clean. I hose mine down and dry them in the sunshine.

I'm afraid I would never be able to persuade any of my rabbits to enter, so I pick them up and put them in the top :) I find it really easy (once I've caught them). I think I paid around £25 each for mine and got them from Pet Planet (I think).

I love my Catit Cabrios. They fit my Conti's (6-7kg) well, I need something smaller for my Nethie boy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

my friend had to take her vet to the cat she came up with a great idea, she put the carrier on a pram so wasn't heavy, said she may of had funny looks but who cares

Thanks for the feedback on the catit cabrio .

I do really like it & will probably end up getting it. Its rare that I'd need to carry it as we have to drive to the vets (OH is the only one who can drive) & we have to drive to boarding etc too so I'm sure I can sweet talk him into carrying.

I've showed the OH and he seems to think it'll be a good idea as it should help him when he needs to get them into it.

The cabrio is great. My vets can pretty much do all the examinations with the top flopped open, thereby stressing bunny less. It's just the teeth and bottom check they need to lift them out for. It can be a bit fiddly to close the top, but if you just focus on lining up the prong bits it's easy and you quickly get the hang of it.

I love my Catit Cabrio too: they'll go in for treats no problem, it doubles as a useful winter hideyhole, cleans fairly easily, has so many openings I can shut quickly ;P And there's eough space for two 2.5kg bunnies :) Aboleth HATES it when it moves, but once the top's open she'll hop out as if nothing was wrong. Lopsy often goes to sleep :love: after eating al the food inside, while poor Aboleth is shaking at the back (or sometimes front). It can be a pain to lock the tp back together but it's easy to see it's not right, and the buns can't escape while you're fiddling. The clear door at the front is great for the unforgiving 'can't believe you tricked me into this AGAIN, human!' stare :D

Thank you for the recommendations on the Catit Cabrio.
I got our pink one today (haha - pink..... the only non-jail looking colour I could find). The girls love it. Both have willingly got into it & sat it in. They've been given willow leaves etc as a treat for getting in but its great. Love it!

Back