• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What has it come to...

That is bad. It makes me angry there are no ingredients listed online either. Why don't they just go the whole hog & make rabbit Ribena :roll:

Boo got some green oat readigrass for her birthday (they have been on inferior readigrass until now) - they bloody love it & tell me its the best present ever

So I was looking through P@H online as its Daphne's 1st birthday this Saturday and I want to get the girls a special treat and I came across this:

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/p...ome-fruit-and-vegetable-drink-powder-25g?i=9#

As far as I can see, its a powder you put into the water to give it flavour.

I can probably see the benefit for a rabbit with kidney disease (to help increase water intake maybe?) but to have it as a treat? What?

I think things like that are more for the feel good factor that giving it to their Rabbit gives the owner ! Rather like how it appears to have become the norm to have Dog Food that looks just like food a human would eat. I am sure dogs dont give a toss that their dinner looks like a posh casserole, all they care about is what it tastes and smells like.

There does not appear to be any details of what the fruit and veg powder actually contains ? If I do ever need to flavour a Rabbit's drinking water I use Fruit/Herb teas.

I think things like that are more for the feel good factor that giving it to their Rabbit gives the owner ! Rather like how it appears to have become the norm to have Dog Food that looks just like food a human would eat. I am sure dogs dont give a toss that their dinner looks like a posh casserole, all they care about is what it tastes and smells like.

There does not appear to be any details of what the fruit and veg powder actually contains ? If I do ever need to flavour a Rabbit's drinking water I use Fruit/Herb teas.
Yes. We have camomile for the rabbits to flavour water if needed.

I'm going to try to find the ingredients
I wouldn't put it past the manufacturer to add something dangerous to it

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yes. We have camomile for the rabbits to flavour water if needed.

I'm going to try to find the ingredients
I wouldn't put it past the manufacturer to add something dangerous to it

Mine love Peppermint Tea !

Personally I think it's rank though :lol:

Mine love Peppermint Tea !

Personally I think it's rank though :lol:
I might have to try this. Can't see Daphne wanting it (she's very delicate with flavour - she had her first herb leaf last week) but it'll be interesting to see Phoebe pounce on it

The vet nurse told me that they put a drop of ribena in the water if they are struggling to get a bunny to drink as they like the sweetness. It makes me mad that they make these unnecessary things that have no benefit to the animal just to make money.

Why don't they just go the whole hog & make rabbit Ribena :roll:
They've got a practically ready-made advert :lol: I love that advert but it DOES NOT make me want to buy Ribena: it actually makes me want Skittles, or possibly to try LSD :shock:

Mine quite like licking some dirt off the concrete and drink from their outside bowl when it's been raining heavily (so has splashed in) so maybe they'll do a whatever-that-special-dirt-is flavoured one?! :lol:

They've got a practically ready-made advert [emoji38] I love that advert but it DOES NOT make me want to buy Ribena: it actually makes me want Skittles, or possibly to try LSD :shock:

Mine quite like licking some dirt off the concrete and drink from their outside bowl when it's been raining heavily (so has splashed in) so maybe they'll do a whatever-that-special-dirt-is flavoured one?! :lol:
Sounds like a best seller.... "Dirt flavoured water for fussy rabbits"

It makes me mad that they make these unnecessary things that have no benefit to the animal just to make money.

It worries me that someone may add this to the water bottle once a week and just leave it. The resulting bacterial soup and blocked nozzles won't be good. Or, someone may decide that some human veg powders are ok but so much cheaper - eg cuppa soup or vege stock cubes.

Back