• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The new 'Face of Amazon Pets' might be a RABBIT!

JonnyandJay

New Kit
I am so excited to report that one of my bunnies, Effie, made it to the final 7 (out of 28,000 entries!) of the Amazon Pets competition!

She had her photoshoot yesterday and she was an absolute superstar. Wouldn't it be great if a bunny won? Just in time for Rabbit Awareness week :D

I used the opportunity to talk to the judges about Effie's past and the wonderful, small, local rabbit rescue we adopted her from. Jai, who runs the rescue full time on a voluntary basis, is a fantastic advocate for rabbit and small animal welfare. She ensures her rescues are going to appropriate homes and that potential owners understand the commitment they're making, the equipment and space they'll need, the dietary requirements and other needs of their new pet.

I'm hoping through this opportunity with Amazon Pets Effie could be an advocate for the rescue, and bring some much needed support to a worthwhile cause. It could help many more bunnies like her and raise awareness of the complex needs of rabbits of pets. If anyone would like to donate to the rescue, this is her Amazon Wishlist.

Paws crossed for Effie! We'll find out in the next week or so :)

Here's a behind the scenes sneak peek at her photoshoot!
tumblr_o8rm0uDpYq1uin28ro1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Back