• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Yorkshire Vet programme

Pippin'sMum

Alpha Buck
Did anyone see the Yorkshire Vet programme last night? I watched it (I love it, the vets and mad owners are all great!) and one of the vets (Peter) went to a 'farm' to castrate a donkey for the family. they had lots of animals, goats, dogs, etc and loads of kids running about, but they had 'some' rabbits, not sure how many, but they showed a short shot of two of the kids with what looked like an English rabbit in a shed. One little girl was holding it, and she let it jump back into a cage that looked as if it was no bigger than the rabbit itself, made of metal with no bedding or hay in, and an opaque plastic or glass door. The shot only lasted a few seconds, but it has haunted me ever since. I woke up in the night worrying, which is stupid, but I'm thinking of contacting the vets and asking them to investigate the living conditions of the rabbits. I'll maybe try to send an email to them today. I realise the programme was probably recorded months ago.

If anyone else saw this, am I mistaken? Do you think it's worth contacting the programme makers?

I've not seen it, it would probably be on catchup if you can watch again to check it out.

I saw the bit with the rabbit dental. It had molar spurs growing into the cheeks. One had caused an abscess in the cheek but it didn't mention any antibiotic treatment. The incisors were also trimmed. Interesting to see the actual procedure, although I missed the start of the programme.

Quick update - I sent them a message on FB (where would we be without it now??) and they replied, saying they would look into it, although he was a good client and they were sure the bunnies were looked after well.

I love watching the Yorkshire Vet and yes I saw a snippet of the hutch the rabbit jumped back into and it did look odd but it was over too soon. Farm people are sometimes some of the worst offenders when keeping rabbits, from my experience anyway. :cry: I didn't think the donkey looked in too good a condition either? Good for you for emailing them. I think the rabbit owners will be back with that abscess!

Back