• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have a cuddly rabbit?

Hey! So I know most rabbits do not like to be handled but out of the 10 I've had the pleasure of owning, 3 of them have been cuddle buns. :love: Both my black dutchies - Blossom and Hector and my rescued stray bun Poppy. I love Primrose and Reuben to bits don't get me wrong but I really miss having a rabbit that I can just scoop up for a cuddle and they'll be happy and want to sit with me. Anyone else lucky enough to have a cuddle bun? Oh and if anyone knows of any cuddly ones in rescues then send them my way! :lol:

Tried to find photos but can't access my old ones at the moment but may add some to the thread if I do find them!

I have a cuddle bun :love::love::love:

He can't get enough attention and cuddles. Problem is, when you move away to get something done, he runs after you and wants more and more :D

Meeeeee!! Mine follows me everywhere. Jumps on my knee if I'm sat down or if she's on the floor and I'm not, i get evils. She's absolutely adorable.
ee89692339dd2932c04fdabc092c53f7.jpg

ff8c7dfa90f46554ab8660ddca6549cc.jpg

7d2c432e1c04d307ed2b87abd4d33409.jpg

Lola was a cuddle bun, she was that good she'd actually beg you to pick her up or just throw herself onto you. :love: :(

Jack won't let me touch him at all, if I do he runs off flicking his feet 😞

I have got 3 cuddle buns. 2 of them will lick you to death, Lola ( the white lion head in my signature) and little man my 13yr old ( the black and white loop in my signatur).
Honey is a complete snuggle bun, she constantly seeks physical contact, will flop next to me, will put her front paws and head on my shoulder when I am in bed demanding cuddles.
When I am sitting on the sofa she will come and put her front paws and head on my thigh demanding head rubs.
Once you stop she we nudge, gently cratch or even give you a very gentle bite to encourage you continue stroking her.

All my rabbits are amazing, but she is extra special.

Out of my 9-

The Quad
Elphie - cuddlebug. Can scoop her up wherever, whenever. I've had her from 8 weeks.
Selene - yes, somewhat. She will nudge and demand noserubs whenever she wants (usually triggering Helios and Elphie to join in.) Once you start noserubs, you're stuck! One of my better at being cuddled.
Helios - more or less like Selene, but not so quick to instigate it!
Morning - Noooooo. She has fear-aggression. It's improved since she's been with my cuddlebuns but she'll never be a true cuddler.

The Pairs
Athena - a true attention seeker! Will run around her enclosure to keep an eye on you. Hates the motion of being picked up, but settles and gets very content once on your lap.
Apollo - cuddlier than I first thought! He's going through a TERRIBLE moult right now so I've been grooming him regularly. He seems to settle like Athena once on your lap, but is definitely more introverted.
Takumi - my Little Bit is not cuddly. He'll accept occasional noserubs, but prefers doing zoomies round his enclosure. OK with butt checks though!
Rivergrace - the antithesis of a cuddlebun. She loathes human attention and has terrible fear aggression. After 6 months, we've got it so she'll take food from your hand willingly, but that's it. Poor girl. :(

And finally...

Persephone - the new girl on the block. This Mini Rex commands and demands attention! She loves noserubs through the bars of her enclosure. However, once she's let out, it's near-on impossible to get her to stop moving. Since we rescued her a week ago, she's been a continual supply of binkies and bunny 500s. Who can blame her when she was kept in a hamster cage?

So yeah, a couple of true cuddlebugs, a few in-between, and some definite 'look but don't touch'.

Love 'em all though!

My bridge bunny Harvey was my little cuddly teddy bear!

I think it was mainly through all the trauma he went through, we just had such a close relationship and would have any excuse to cuddle into me and have me stroke him! Miss you everyday Harv :love:

Of my current 5, only Boo Boo is a cuddle bun - I'll sit in bed and she'll jump up and snuggle alongside my legs or put her head on my pillow and keep nudging my hand for more nose rubs. She's super affectionate. Albie likes to lick my dressing gown alot but he's not a fan of snuggling often - although one time he fell asleep in my arms and it was just too cute. That's only happened once since I've had him. The other three bunnies aren't fussed about human attention.

My little Storm is a massive cuddle bun and follows me all of the time. He just lays there for ages while I stroke him, I'm sure he'd cuddle me all day if he could! I love it but he always makes me feel bad when I have to actually get up and do things! [emoji38]

I love all of my buns tremendously, (after all they are my children! [emoji38] ) but I completely agree that you just develop such a special bond when they are so cuddly. :love:

If by cuddle bun you mean will get on your lap by themselves then if I have food, yes, they all have been. Without food, only really Mischa :love: and only if he felt like it :lol:

Boots is a cuddle bun :love: myself and my daughter went to BARC to help out at an open day once, and at the time we had a quad of very rabbity rabbits who hated being handled. We met Boots and fell in love with him :love: we weren't even looking for another rabbit at the time! he is definitely my soul bun :love:

Back