• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playhouse recommendations

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all

Has anyone bought a playhouse recently for their rabbits?

I've been having a look at all the relevant places online, but am struggling to decide what would be best. I don't have a huge amount to spend, around £100 to £150, so I've been looking at 4x4 houses. Some of them don't come with a floor though, so that would be extra.

Thanks in advance x

You might pick up a bargain on eBay, gumtree, preloved, or even get one free on freecycle/ freeloved if you don't mind a second hand one. Parents/grandparents buy them for the kids and they soon grow out of them! Might only need a lick of paint :thumb:

You might pick up a bargain on eBay, gumtree, preloved, or even get one free on freecycle/ freeloved if you don't mind a second hand one. Parents/grandparents buy them for the kids and they soon grow out of them! Might only need a lick of paint :thumb:
Absolutely: if you're a bit handy (like me) you might get a lucky bargain that's a teeny bit rotten and be able to fix that and have a perfectly serviceable house :D It took me a few weeks to get one but once I'd found the perfect one (good size, would deliver to a friends', £40 and mostly in good nick) I got it within a month then spent almost a year working on it (I did loads to it!).

Mad Dash do one but I don't think a 4 x 4 would be big enough for 3 or 4 bunnies - a 5 x 4 would be better. Waltons do good playhouses too. B and Q do a 5 x 4.

Hi thanks, I've been keeping an eye out on eBay etc for months, but haven't seen any close enough. As I planned to incorporate it into my trios accommodation. Alongside a 12ft x 6ft run and 20ft of tunnel.

My post today though is prompted by our new addition (see other thread :)) so it would only need to house this rabbit and eventually a friend. But I would join it to a run also, once I have chance to sort it x

I got a second hand one on facebook for £25 delivered. There's some pics in this section :)

You did well to get it delivered too. I've seen the occasional one on eBay etc, but always wondered how we would get it here, as we'd probably have to hire a van.

I'll have a look on B&Q, thanks Nik x

Back