• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help - in hospital

Babsie

Wise Old Thumper
I'm really hoping someone can help. Fell & broke hip and now have had operation. Neighbour doing basics for rabbits at moment but I need to have them fostered as will have frame/ crutches for 6-8 weeks. Breaking my heart. Have to find somewhere for cats, too. Anyone? I'm near Basingstoke.

Oh No! Poor you. If I was nearer I would do the rabbits but I'm not. Someone will hopefully help you. This is the worst nightmare isn't it. My thoughts are with you. It will be ok I am sure.

Oh dear, so sorry this has happened, hope you recover ok from your operation.

I'm not a million miles away, but realistically too far away to offer any practical help, plus you obviously know nothing about me. I really hope someone can help x

Oh no :cry: I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better soon. I'm too far away to help I'm afraid, I hope someone can help you xx

Ps have posted in general chat asking for help for you directing to this post.

Last edited:
OH Barb, Im so sorry to hear this:cry: I know how much your animals mean to you.... wish I was closer to help.
Get well soon xxx

Just got your pm. Will have a think and see if I can shuffle things around to help. Boarding is fully booked as summer hols. Will get back to you today - get well soon :(

Just got your pm. Will have a think and see if I can shuffle things around to help. Boarding is fully booked as summer hols. Will get back to you today - get well soon :(

If it's not feasible, if someone could get them to the ferry I would come over and bring them back. I have an empty 6 x 3 hutch.

Jo Hinde is in Basingstoke. Ive spoken with her and she may be able to help. I can pm her email if you dont have it.

If it's not feasible, if someone could get them to the ferry I would come over and bring them back. I have an empty 6 x 3 hutch.

I am happy to take them from Basingstoke to the ferry if it helps. Unfortunately I took my spare hutch and run to the tip as it needed re-roofing and I didn't need it now I only have three bunnies.

Catherine fostered my bunnies while I was recovering from my hysterectomy and they had a lovely time. Gem took the two poorly ones who needed nursing too and looked after them really well and fed my cats. Once I was out of hospital I found I could cope with the cats and piggies as long as a friend cleaned the pigs out, but not the bunnies.

Last edited:
I am happy to take them from Basingstoke to the ferry if it helps. Unfortunately I took my spare hutch and run to the tip as it needed re-roofing and I didn't need it now I only have three bunnies.

Catherine fostered my bunnies while I was recovering from my hysterectomy and they had a lovely time.

Thank you!

Thank you. I know it must be a very busy time. Tiring to find somewhere for cats, too - everywhere booked up.

Just seen this Babsie. I really hope you're not in too much pain, and that you recover very soon.

Sending loads of love and hugs, as I'm not able to offer anything practical :love:

Back