• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do Petplan cover dentals?

Ailstar

Mama Doe
Levi and Daisy have been insured with petplan since I got them. And today at the vets when they were having their vaccinations the vet looked at both their back teeth and can apparently see the very beginnings of Spurs on Daisy's teeth. Nothing to worry about yet, she is eating fine and has been a constant weight her whole adult life, he just said it was something to keep an eye on and watch for the first sign they might be becoming an issue (fingers crossed they don't for a long time) but when they do, am I covered for dentals with Petplan given she hasn't had this problem before, and they have checkups every year?

I'd believe so as your vet hasn't advised any treatment.

If your vet advised treatment you'd have 6 months to a year to get it treated before they add an exclusion.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yeah the vet said there was nothing to treat at the moment. And like I said she seems absolutely fine eating wise. I can't believe it's Daisy though and not Levi (whose teeth are apparently perfect!) I always thought Levi would be the one with dodgy teeth as he is the fussy eater!

Well fingers crossed it won't cause an issue.
If you're concerned you can always call PP and ask them to explain if dental are covered on your policy, and if so when it may not be covered. Don't admit to anything, just tell them it's playing on your mind and you'd like to know the in and out of your policy re: dentals

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back