• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New behaviour?

Colly

Warren Scout
Hi all,

This morning my 2 year old mini lop Obi (he's neutered) was behaving a bit strange...I was kneeling down giving him some fuss and nose to nose rubs and he started running around me at speed (500's) and doing a little bunny bark at me on every lap at me, now he seemed perfectly happy...and he does run round my feet and do those little grunty noises to say he's hungry often so I'm used to that, but this was a bit different, he was definitely trying to tell me something.....??? to be honest it was unbelievably cute and funny, but I don't want to miss anything....he's eating, drinking and pooing well. Does anyone else recognise this behaviour please?

He's a snuffle bun, and although he hasn't needed any medication for about a year he does have a bit of a snuffley nose at the moment so I'm keeping an extra eye on him, and with this humid weather I'm just being extra cautious (paranoid bunny mama!) x ::wave:

He sounds hormonal to me, perhaps he's saying he would like a lady bun for mating purposes? I understand he's neutered but there's normally some hormonal behaviour left in them. I know because I have a particularly hormonal neutered two-year old mini lop buck, he does grunty noises and circling before attempting to mount his mate. I say attempting because she's not very keen and the grunting gives her advance notice of his intentions!

Back