• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't know what to do? any advice appriciated.

moi

Mama Doe
Some of you may remember me saying about my bunny's peeing in the corner of the run. First I tried blocking it off, so they just peed as close to it as they could. So I put a digging tray there. Well it was awful and attracting flies so that had to go. I changed the run around (it was a wooden run attached to a metal run) so that the metal one was were they pee, that way each day I can spray the wee and poop out and it runs onto the grass (the run is on the pavement attached to the shed). I had to give everything a real good clean as it stank! Anyhow I got home from work at 2 today and there was a huge pile of poops and wees, and what with it being sunny it stank! They are hardly using there litter trays in the shed, they are almost dry. I didn't want a litter tray outside as I'll have to cover the run and it's a rather difficult area to get to. Help!

I don't know what to suggest. I know my two have their litter trays in their run - they spend very little time up in their hutch. Perhaps someone will come along with some suggestions but as they are probably out in their run most of the time, this is where they will want their litter trays.

Im sure they just like keeping me on my toes! lol What could I cover the run with? It would need to cover the sides too x

Don't know if it would work but I seem to remember someone using a giant, tall storage box with a lid, and cutting a hole on the side so that the rabbits could go in, and having litter in the bottom of it, so that you had a giant litter tray with lid to protect from rain. Or a covered cat litter tray?

Don't know if it would work but I seem to remember someone using a giant, tall storage box with a lid, and cutting a hole on the side so that the rabbits could go in, and having litter in the bottom of it, so that you had a giant litter tray with lid to protect from rain. Or a covered cat litter tray?

Ohhhhh thats a good idea xx

Oh for petes sake!!! I put the buns litter tray outside, as its nice I thought Id give it a go without a cover and no rain etc. Well guess what... lots of poops and pees beside it!

Hi, i might have missed the point, but in my rabbits run I have put the base from an indoor cage and then two litter trays inside it. The majority of wees and poos go in the litter trays but if they miss it goes in the large tray.

There's virtually no waste anywhere else in the run and they never do anything in their hutch, so it's nice and easy to clean out.

Hope this helps x

I would start to wonder if there's an underlying reason for it? As usually with toilet habit problems, they're linked with an illness. Might be worth getting the rabbit checked out.

Back