• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Progress :)

lenslady

Alpha Buck
So the 2 older buns, Troy and Talis that I urgently rehomed a few days ago are doing quite well.

This morning I think I had a break through with Talis :thumb: She is certainly the aggressive one out of them both, biting, growling, lunging and running away. Sadly I have had to start wearing thick leather garden gloves to be able to put feed and clean her hutch.

Since i have started wearing the gloves to deal with her it has made me feel a lot more secure and a lot more in control of her nasty out bursts :oops: Yes, she was intimidating me and I felt pretty threatened, she's a pretty huge girl and makes my Bo look like a baby, I am pretty sure she could cause some serious damage if your not vigilant with it.

Anyway went to feed them this morning and do other bits for them and as put my hand in to get the bowl to fill it, she lunged! she didn't growl but she did make a another sound which to me sounded like a goose or a duck.

I left my hand in their whilst she continued to attack. I eventually got the bowl and proceeded to fill it and add new hay.

As I turned round after coming out the food shed, she was right behind me! and pretty much followed me back to her hutch.

Whilst she was eating I attempted to touch her and although she did make that noise again, she actually lowered her head for a nose rub!! or at least to submit :love::love: My heart melted and something just clicked with me and her, I can't explain the feeling other than it felt like a connection. I am so glad I have her!

Deep down I suspect she is wonderful, loving little lady. xx

How do many of you deal with Aggressive Rescues? I understand about her hormones and since I have no background history on her, I am not sure what her life has consisted off. Also she isn't flinching anymore! So i have a feeling she has been roughly handled or hit!

I do think a lot of it is hormonal but I also think there are deeper issues going on. xx

She has probably had to act this way to protect herself so hopefully she will learn that you are friendly and she doesn't have to be aggressive. Spayed rabbits can be just as bad sadly so it isn't always hormones making them like that. It's usually the way they have been brought up etc. Good luck with these 2.

Thank you, I suspect there is a lot going on with her, poor lady. On a good note I don't think she is pregnant! Managed to have a feel and as it stands I don't think she is. she is looking in better condition already! Or it might be me just thinking that. She certainly loves her food, dear of her xx

Only phone pic's I'm afraid as she is terrified of my big camera. Does anyone know what her colouring or markings are?

It's good that you are starting to make some progress with Talis, in particular.

It does make you wonder what she might have been through, to be so aggressive. I don't have any experience, so can't offer any words of advice, sorry. It sounds like handling her with gloves has been a good idea. Are some rabbits just aggressive anyway, without having been abused, or does it usually come from how they have have been treated? I can't imagine hearing them make that sound.

You are doing really well, wishing you lots of luck with them x

Aww bless her, that's so great to hear.. Really hope she continues to make good progress.

Sounds like your doing a great job & I'm sure in time, they'll soon realise what a wonderful life you'll give them xx

Omg! More progress! she actually let me give her 3 full strokes on her head and caress her ears :love: Melting :love: Love her so much :)

I cleaned her eye a little too :) I pretended I was grooming her and managed to wipe away any crust xx

I also bought them a top up bag of burgess pellets with coriander and she went mad for it lol. I usually buy the mix with the mint xx

Last edited:
Back