• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best clippers to clip bunnies bum?

ANNASBUNNIES

Warren Scout
My boy mini lop has a problem he is always covered in wee I try giving a bath but it's getting worst because the fur is getting matted and he is really fluffy. He is also blind. So any ideas as to what the best clippers are?

Thanks in advance
Xxx

I haven't ever tried clippers, but I have heard that they are not good with rabbit hair because it is so fine. I have two very fluffy lion heads and I trim them with scissors - I use small grooming scissors for dogs. You can then snip away gently and it is hopefully less stressful for the bunny (and for you!)

My boy has to have his bum clipped, but I would never attempt it myself. I take him to the vets and let a couple of nurses do it for him.

I have a set of clippers from Argos, the head is only a couple of cms. wide, it's battery operated and trims my boys' bits really well. It's called 'Wahl Pocket Pro Battery Trimmer' and it's £9.79. If you have a catalogue it's on page 983. I find it the easiest way to give them both a Brazilian, they both tend to wee on their fur in that area, and it keeps them nice and clean. I wouldn't dare use scissors! BTW I turn them upside down onto their backs to do it, they are both used to it and don't get too stressed. I also give them a bit of a wash with cotton wool balls. I told FHB about the clippers at the last Owners' Day in Harrogate.

Back