• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uploaded new video

I am not sure what is wrong with her but I hope she can get better. Heartbreaking to see her like that :( She seems to be breathing quite have too or is it just me ? Fingers crossed for you xx

She may of had a mini stroke but i'm no vet or expert so i don't know for definite. To me it also looks like she is breathing funny? How long has she been like this because i would call a vet if i were you. All the best x

She may of had a mini stroke but i'm no vet or expert so i don't know for definite. To me it also looks like she is breathing funny? How long has she been like this because i would call a vet if i were you. All the best x

she been under the vets for 2 weeks now, one thinks she's has damage her spine the other Thinks it's EC so she has been on Panacur for 6 days now

I am not sure what is wrong with her but I hope she can get better. Heartbreaking to see her like that :( She seems to be breathing quite have too or is it just me ? Fingers crossed for you xx

See comment above, she has always been a heavy breather plus I had just given her her meds so a little bit stressed

Poor girlie :cry:

I think you need to get her to a Vet who can give a more definitive diagnosis. If she has a spinal injury then the Vet would almost always advise that the Rabbit is on very strict and confined cage rest. Otherwise there is a real risk of more serious/permanent damage being done. Also, she would benefit from having a completely flat surface to get about on, with no obstacles at all. The base needs to offer good traction too.

I would also advise that you ask the Vet to shave all of your Rabbits fur from her rear end. In her very mobility compromised state she is at extremely high risk of Flystrike

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/leaflet_pdfs/flystrike_sep_05.pdf

I would cover the entire enclosure with Fly Netting, even old net curtains would suffice. Citronella can help to deter flies and obviously so will making sure that the environment is as clean as possible. So removing all soiled bedding, several times a day if necessary. There are some Fly Strike protection treatments that some people use on 'at risk Rabbits'. Personally as yet I have never used them as they are very powerful chemicals which can cause some side effects in a few Rabbits. But whether to use the treatments on not is a personal choice based on one's own opinions/experience and trusted and reliable Veterinary advice.

Your Rabbit's respiratory effort is abnormal and this may simply be stress related, but I would want a Rabbit Savvy Vet to look into that issue too.

Finally working 🙂🙂🙂

[video]http://vid1186.photobucket.com/albums/z378/annahibbs/E1429E12-45E8-40C8-B57A-C17FCD9C8DCA.mp4[/video]

Last edited:
Back