• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bin them or feed them?

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
I wasn't sure whether to put this in diet or health so opted for chat:lol:

May I have some advice please? I made my rabbits treats at the weekend & dried them out too much. They are really hard. Could they damage their teeth?

I wasn't sure whether to put this in diet or health so opted for chat:lol:

May I have some advice please? I made my rabbits treats at the weekend & dried them out too much. They are really hard. Could they damage their teeth?

Oooh so sorry I forgot to reply to your message :oops:

I think they will be OK, as rabbit's teeth can get through bark and all sorts of stuff. But if it were me I would worry about breaking their teeth (although I doubt that would happen) so I would soften them a bit :D

Thanks guys. Do I steam them to soften? I assume it would be better to do them as required?

I think they will be fine as Tamsin said I've known rabbits eat plaster off the walls....

Also a lot of bunny treats are really hard anyway, fenugreek crunchies always seem hard to me as I have to break them up or risk Thor stealing Poppy's!

Back