• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our new addition!

Ruthyjones89

Mama Doe
Hi everyone,

Well many of you on here will know I've been keen to find Bailey a friend for a while now!

Yesterday we went to a local rescue in Swindon and tried to see how Bailey would be with any potential ladies! I've never seen my poor little man so scared and cowering in the corner with most of the girls they brought out. Bailey was so sweet, and pretty much all the girls were quite frankly horrible to him. It broke my heart seeing some of them chase him and make him feel sad, so after 3 attempts, I could see how distressed he was and we left.

I know this is not the case for all and most bunnies happily find their happy ever after partner but with Bailey being so close with us, we'll never put him through that again. So instead I contacted our local national animal aid charity and they had recently reacued a doe and her week old babies, which were now reaching 9 weeks and looking for new potential homes.

I didn't really set out to get another baby, but I'm going to see how it goes and I'm hoping it might be the best way forward for our soppy little lad, since arriving Bailey has been fine and although been for a nose once, ran away and binkyed so hopefully I've made the right choice for us.

So Without further a due let me introduce our new little addition who we've been to pick up this afternoon; they believe she is a dwarf lopped female, from the size of her mum but she also has one sticky up ear which is very cute. She does have quite abit of matted fur around her bum so I'm keeping a close eye but otherwise she is lively and munching on her hay well.

We really have no idea on a name so if anyone has any ideas please feel free to post them but here she is;

Awww Ruth how lovely ur new baby is! Poor Bailey and those bad girly bunnies ! Ur we one looks like my Oliver actually and he had one ear up and down too. Stayed like that for years. My name suggestion is Bella x

Thanks so much everyone, well I keep popping in on her as she's completely seperate from Bailey in a cage & playpen. But she just jumps straight into her hide as soon as I open the door to the bedroom. I fully understand she's nervous & probably scared but even when I sit in the room she'll remain hiding till I leave! But at least she's eating & pooping so all good!

Thanks lily & Nicky, must admit I do like both.. But possibly swaying to Bella, hmmm!! :) xxx

Aww she's lovely :love: I'm sure she'll settle with you soon and realise what a fantastic new home she's got now :)

Poor Bailey though, getting picked on by those girls :(

Thanks so much scrappy and I know - I picked 3 girls all around 1 year old ish, and there was me thinking oh god I hope he's okay with them, but as soon as the first one came into the room with him.. She went straight for him and chased him. And I just had the rescue lady Saying oh give them a minute and she just kept chasing him, and like she was trying to bite his bum. He thankfully jumped up on a step and looked terrified so I asked her to stop and gave him a cuddle. He dug his claws into me and buried his head under my neck, I felt like the worst mum in the world! :( :(

After that I think the other girls picked up on that he was scared.. And didn't get any better!

Thank you so much though and yeah I'm sure she'll relax and settle in time xx

Poor Bailey, sounds like a scene straight out of Mean Girls! When I took Snoopy to choose his new wife bun I think he found the whole experience pretty stressful, even though their introductory meeting went really well and he's a pretty chilled out bun. When I brought him home he went and hid under the small table in my bedroom for about three hours! I felt awful putting him through it, even though I knew he would be happier in the long term with a new friend. I guess you have to think short term pain for long term gain!

Oh and I have a couple more suggestions for names: Hazelnut or Cinnamon :)

Aww poor bailey, girlie buns can be right stroppy mares. Hope all goes well. Saying that we introduced a young female to our two year old male house bunny. It was love at first from her, she lowered her head to him for grooming straight away. He loved her too. Bonded in one day!

National Animal Aid ran by Becky? That's where my Rufus is from. Originally I fostered him but I couldn't let him go back there. She's very cute.

Aww thanks so much everyone, well she's still very shy.. But at least she'll remain out when I walk in there now and I can't help thinking she's going to be rather cheeky! :lol: :lol:

Hiya Chloe, yeah I think it is ran by her, seriously couldn't believe how many bunnies they look after! Amazing...

Well I have a little man that is rather excited we have a girl in the house, And this is what I am currently looking at;
'Please let me see the pretty girly mummy....'

Last edited:
Aww thanks so much everyone. Well for those interested, I've had her out with me tonight while Bailey was chilling in the bedroom, and she's already showing a big personality!

Back