• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Cat Is Missing

Ashleigh

Alpha Buck
My beautiful Roxy has been missing since yesterday morning, he was refusing to leave the house at our new address so we put him outside to encourage him to use outside for his toilet, when we went to let him back in, he was gone.
We live in Belper, Derbyshire.
Roxy is fully microchiped and will hopefully still be wearing his silver reflective collar.
I have rang the council, the vets, I've posted on local lost and found pages, I have been knocking on my neighbours door but so far no one has even seen him.
I am heartbroken, I feel sick and empty, I'm struggling to sleep as I'm lying awake thinking about him.
It's now 7 weeks until my wedding day, I'm hoping and praying we find him safe and well before what is supposed to be one of the happiest days of my life...
I can't bare not knowing where he is, it feels like my world is crashing around me and I'm barely coping.
I love all my pets more than words can describe, I pray for Roxy's safe return x
35c417db2d0ddc8547364f6d0cb7d0eb.jpg

40f6e159e33402171ef214e4afe7dff6.jpg

3fb7b4b0efec01047a190d950c3e71c7.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30F using Tapatalk

My sisters cat, who she recently adopted from the RSPCA, had never been outdoors before until she suddenly ran out. She was away all morning, night and the following day where no one had seen her then turned up in the garden safe and didn't seem hungry or phased so we think she'd spent the night somewhere safe! I hope this is the case for Roxy and returns very soon, I would put food out (although I know this risks over animals eating it) and a shelter in the garden incase he comes back in the night/while you're out.

Have you moved very far from your previous home as it may be that he has returned there.

I really hope he comes home very soon xx

My sisters cat, who she recently adopted from the RSPCA, had never been outdoors before until she suddenly ran out. She was away all morning, night and the following day where no one had seen her then turned up in the garden safe and didn't seem hungry or phased so we think she'd spent the night somewhere safe! I hope this is the case for Roxy and returns very soon, I would put food out (although I know this risks over animals eating it) and a shelter in the garden incase he comes back in the night/while you're out.

Thank you, I'm desperately holding on to hope.
We have been leaving food out at night for him, the food wasn't touched last night but hopefully will be tonight.
We're making fliers over the weekend.
I'm just really devastated, I want him home, safe where I can cuddle him and keep him next to me.
He was mine and my fiancées first pet together. He means the world to us x

Have you moved very far from your previous home as it may be that he has returned there.

I really hope he comes home very soon xx

It's not to from the previous home but my father-in-law-to-be and sister-in-law-to-be now live at our old house so if he returns they will tell us, our old neighbours would get in contact as well.
My fear is if he's wandered but then can't remember how to get back again.
I love him so much, I will do anything to find him x

Adding lots of "come home safely and soon" vibes for Roxy. I'm sorry you are going through this. (((((((Hugs))))))) xxxxx

He's probably on his way to your old house! My neighbours cat kept returning to my street once they'd moved and it was quite a trek! I hope he turns up safe and sound soon. Xxx

I hope he turns up! :( When we moved house we had to keep our outdoor cat in the garage most of the time for awhile because he was freaked out about our new place and when we put him outside he'd try to take off. Eventually he learned that that was where we now lived and didn't try to leave.

He's probably on his way to your old house! My neighbours cat kept returning to my street once they'd moved and it was quite a trek! I hope he turns up safe and sound soon. Xxx

I hope he is going to the old house because if he does we will easily find him as we have family who live in our old house xxx

I hope he turns up! :( When we moved house we had to keep our outdoor cat in the garage most of the time for awhile because he was freaked out about our new place and when we put him outside he'd try to take off. Eventually he learned that that was where we now lived and didn't try to leave.

We kept Roxy in for over 2 weeks, some of that was his choice but we had to put him outside to encourage him to do his toilet stuff outside.
He didn't come back though :(
We're trying everything we can to find him x

When my OH and I moved our two children to Alaska from California some 20+ years ago, we flew our three cats and one dog up here with us. My OH's cat promptly disappeared after the snow melted and we didn't see him for over a week. With where we live, all wilderness, well we didn't hold out much hope of ever seeing him again, he was older than the others and although he was a clever boy we were pretty sure some wild animal would've found him before we did. But miraculously he did return to us and we never found out where he had been, but figured he was casing his new territory. He was a neutered cat so he wasn't looking for a mate, just establishing his new digs.

Really hoping you get good news of Roxy soon. xxxxx

I know you said you've done fliers, but have you posted any through people's letterboxes? When my cat went missing about 5 years ago while we were on holiday she was just in someone's garden down the road from hours. The neighbour had seen her and fed her and she then decided she didn't want to come back! Luckily after posting fliers through letterboxes the women contacted us and we went to collect her.

When my OH and I moved our two children to Alaska from California some 20+ years ago, we flew our three cats and one dog up here with us. My OH's cat promptly disappeared after the snow melted and we didn't see him for over a week. With where we live, all wilderness, well we didn't hold out much hope of ever seeing him again, he was older than the others and although he was a clever boy we were pretty sure some wild animal would've found him before we did. But miraculously he did return to us and we never found out where he had been, but figured he was casing his new territory. He was a neutered cat so he wasn't looking for a mate, just establishing his new digs.

Really hoping you get good news of Roxy soon. xxxxx

Thank you, stories like that keep me hopeful.
Roxy is neutered as well so we know he will won't be looking for a female, he's also microchipped so I'm hoping someone takes him to a vets and they contact me.
I just really want to bring him home xxx

I know you said you've done fliers, but have you posted any through people's letterboxes? When my cat went missing about 5 years ago while we were on holiday she was just in someone's garden down the road from hours. The neighbour had seen her and fed her and she then decided she didn't want to come back! Luckily after posting fliers through letterboxes the women contacted us and we went to collect her.

Yeah we're still in the process of sorting fliers but we will be posting them through peoples letter boxes as well as around the area.
We will do anything to bring him home xx

I'm really sorry Roxy is missing, I hope he comes home soon.

Many years ago one of our cats went missing. She was obsessed with my dad and would always try and follow him to work. One day she went too far and was obviously out of her "zone" and became lost. She was missing for a few days. My mum and I went round putting up fliers and posting them through people's letterboxes. We would talk and she suddenly popped out from under a car! She must have recognised our voices. So perhaps when you go round delivering the fliers, if you and your OH keep talking and he's hiding out nearby he might hear you and come out.

Back