• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fudge died today :(

esupi

Warren Veteran
This afternoon.
I had to work from home this afternoon. Got home around 1 pm and she was fine. Or as fine as she ever is - she was diagnosed with kidney failure a couple of years ago now and has had some wobbles, but just lately she's been doing well - even this morning running around pestering me in the kitchen for breakfast.

About half an hour after I got home she started to fall asleep but was leaning to one side and fell over. And she didn't seem bothered about getting back up - she tried a little bit, but was disinterested. I set her straight and she fell straight over again and had become unresponsive. Her back legs had gone completely then. So I just laid her on her side. She wasn't stressed at all - she just fell asleep and then died within a couple of hours. She was 7. I couldn't have asked for a better way for her to go.

Truffle keeps going back to groom her still :(

ETA please don't put anything on FB - ex is away until Monday so I'm not going to tell him or his kids until he's back.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry Esupi. She lived on a good few years of borrowed time, i hope that is a comfort together with her peaceful end. Sleep tight Fudge x

I'm so sorry. It sounds like she was waiting for you to be there to look after her

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I am sorry it was time to say goodbye to Fudge. One of the things that haunts me with losing Frankie was not knowing if she was scared and suffered at the very end. To have it happen at home like that does sound very gentle & peaceful. I hope Truffle is doing ok. Binky free Fudge xxx

Thanks everyone. I'll do a proper RB post in time.....

I am sorry it was time to say goodbye to Fudge. One of the things that haunts me with losing Frankie was not knowing if she was scared and suffered at the very end. To have it happen at home like that does sound very gentle & peaceful. I hope Truffle is doing ok. Binky free Fudge xxx

I think Truffle is okay now. She's stopped grooming her and started using her as an obstacle to leap over whilst whizzing around the lounge.....

My heart breaks for you, esupi. I am so very sorry. :cry:

Fudge was blessed to have you for her mum. And obviously greatly loved. May you and Truffle be able to give one another comfort at this sad time. I am thinking of you and sending hugs.
Binky free, Fudge. xxxxxxx

Bless her :cry: A peaceful passing at home is what I wish all our Pets could have when their time comes.

I am sorry that you have lost her, but I hope that the fact that she went so peacefully with you by her side may offer you some comfort

RIP Fudge xx

Back