• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

an experiment to stop water pooling on the run

Has anyone tried putting correx under their tarpaulin to stop water pooling?
I've ordered 2 sheets that should arrive tomorrow and seeing as more rain is predicted will be able to experiment very soon!
I'm thinking of putting the correx on top of the run then clipping the plastic sheeting over it...

Correx is water proof so I'd just use that, no need to add sheeting over the top too. Try fixing it at a slight angle so the run off goes to the lower side wherever your drain is.

THanks Tamsin. My run is an awkward size and set up and has 3 roof panels that are removable. Great for getting into the run but really awkward for waterproofing. I'm thinking that if I have sheeting clipped over it, it will hold it in position more easily than if I'm trying to clip thicker correx. It's all an experiment, anyway. It won't be until it comes (and rains!) that I'll know...

Yes, waterproofing and still being able to access things easily can be a bit of a challenge. Correx is easy to cut so you could cut to match the panels so they can still be lifted independently. As you say, some rain and some experimenting is probably the way to solve it :D

Back