• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Signs of trust?

Let me start off by saying, Clayton, is used to small groups of people whether he knows them or not including my family's dog, various rooms in the house and a toddler my mam looks after sometimes.

My brother who we have not seen for a few years came earlier this evening to stay overnight due to an issue back home. My dad, younger brother, older brother and myself were in the kitchen talking and I decided it would be a good idea to bring my baby boy down to the kitchen we were in to have a little explore and play around.

He was happily exploring the kitchen, confidently going up to everyone for attention and letting them stroke him. I did notice that he was acting somewhat childlike at times though. By childlike, I mean only staying/sitting beside me/within arm distance whenever he wasn't exploring/playing, not going too far from me when he was having a little hop around and occasionally going behind me which meant he wanted to take a few moments to himself away from everyone. I must admit that he is completely different in the back garden though since he never wants to come back in and tries his hardest to always outsmart your plan to bribe him indoors.

I wouldn't say, Clayton, was shy or timid because he is the complete opposite. He behaves more like a guard dog than anything else. Runs to my bedroom door to check whoever has entered, follows me out my bedroom to patrol the landing whenever I go to the bathroom, checks up on me every few minutes if I go into my family's room and/or stays on the landing until I come back out and bothers my family when they come into my room if he doesn't want them to visit. He also looks for me if I am not in my room or upstairs!

Would you say he trusts me and looks out for me or not? I reckon he does in some ways.

Last edited:
Rabbit's can tell people apart so he can certainly tell you're the person that's part of his social group (and feeds and strokes him) and show a preference for hanging out with you :)

Back