• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going Bald

lenslady

Alpha Buck
Since my boys neutering I have noticed that Bo, my french lop started to moult badly. His fur was literally just falling off in clumps. Luckily with the help of us grooming him, it has calmed down but I have now noticed that Burb is going bald around his face and head! His head really does not look like it belongs to the same body, he kinda looks like a hare now. Also the funny thing is, he has been biting a lot and in general been very moody since the neuter. I am not 100% it is all down to the neuter but also the weather and time of year is a factor. His body doesn't seem to be moulting just his head. It looks like a blue undercoat is coming through too. I really feel sorry for him.

Do you think it is a moult? or is he depressed? and do any of you have any advice on how i can help it. I will try and post a picture so you can see.

xx

He's a youngster isn't he, so I imagine his coat is going through a major change. I can't be 100% certain so hopefully others will reply too x

Thank you MummyBunnyEm :). He is around 15 months old now, maybe a little younger, I will have to work it out. He is eating and drinking well, pooping well. I know when dogs get neutered their fur can go really odd whilst hormones calm down so maybe its similar to Buns. I hope and prey he doesn't go bald. It does look like a colour change is going on whilst top coat is coming off, so it is a possible that a major change is going on.I just don't think he is to happy at the moment and maybe this explains why he hasn't been himself. I spent loads of time with him yesterday trying to pull off what fur I could. He doesn't have mites or fleas so fingers crossed it is just his first major moult xxx

Back