• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to feel better about the death of my bunny

bunnies95

Young Bun
On monday my little girl bunny emily sadly died, i adopted her from pets at home in jan and the vet said she was a young rabbit 1/2 years old.....over the past few weeks she lost weight, i could feel her spine but i felt she was putting on weight and she was eating fine, she loved her veggies......i've had bunnies in the past when i was younger and i never felt as upset as i do now, my love for rabbits has really developed over the past years, i had 4 including emily....i just keep thinking of her and felt like should have done more to try and help her, what if she was in pain? i think to my self have i looked after her properly?, she was always fed, clean cage, had cuddles......one thing i hate about having a rabbit is that most of the time they show no signs of illness until it's too late.....
is there any tips on how to feel better....and also if you have had a bunny that died what did you do with thier body?, i was thinking of getting a large plant pot and bury her with some planted flowers or a little tree

I am so sorry about Emily *hugs*

I remember feeling the same when I lost Pixie, I was riddled with guilt, for months I couldn't phyiscially think about her without crying and struggling to breathe but time heals and now when I think about her, I csn't help but smile remembering how beautiful and lovely she was.

There's no real way to make someone whose greiving feel better, as everyone is different.

However if you have other pets, sometimes focusing on them and giving them extra attention helps.

Also I found that putting a photo albulm together really helps.

Best of luck xxx

I'm so sorry you lost Emily :(

I'm sure you did everything you could. Give yourself some time and hopefully it will get easier x

Back