• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Paint incident!

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
First post in ages but I need advice from wise RU!

Mr B has jumped in a paint tray that got left out overnight. He has then kindly left me footprints all over my kitchen!

We have washed the rest of the paint off his paws but he has probably licked some off himself overnight.

He seems fine, eating and pooing no problem. I will keep a close eye on him today but does he need a vet this morning?

There was a post on this quite recently from willow and squiggles. Their rabbit jumped in a pot of emulsion. I think the consensus of opinion was that all of the paint should be washed off. He recovered OK.

Mr B has jumped in a paint tray that got left out overnight. He has then kindly left me footprints all over my kitchen!

We have washed the rest of the paint off his paws but he has probably licked some off himself overnight.

He seems fine, eating and pooing no problem. I will keep a close eye on him today but does he need a vet this morning?

Wash really really well, using mild shampoo. Make sure he's eating lots of grass and hay and that his feet are now clean.

Do you know what the ingredients were in the paint?

Oh no, silly Mr B !

I assume it was a water based paint ?

Personally I'd give the Vet a call and see if he/she thinks Mr B may benefit from having some fluids run through him (IV) for a few hours. Despite this incident, I hope everything else is still going OK for you ?

Emulsion which is what you'd usually use for ceiling and walls is a lot less nasty then gloss etc. which you'd use on woodwork, radiators and similar. As Jane says if you're worried at all give the vet a call :)

Thanks everyone. It was just water based emulsion so we washed it all off with just warm water this morning.

He has been fine all day and is still bopping around demanding treats so don't think there is any harm done! Will make sure everything is out of his reach tonight!

I'm good thanks Jane! Growing outwards which is difficult as you can imagine but I am coping the best I know how to. x

Thanks everyone. It was just water based emulsion so we washed it all off with just warm water this morning.

He has been fine all day and is still bopping around demanding treats so don't think there is any harm done! Will make sure everything is out of his reach tonight!

I'm good thanks Jane! Growing outwards which is difficult as you can imagine but I am coping the best I know how to. x

You're doing brilliantly !! :D

Great - no harm done! x

We met a little sausage dog out on our walk yesterday and he had a lovely streak of cream emulsion down one side! :lol:

Back