• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yummy breakfast in the fridge...

rowan.godfrey

Alpha Buck
I have been giving my buns a 10l bucket of forage each night (80% grass with herbs, kale etc. the remainder). They've not been getting through it all so I thought why not split it 50:50 and give half for breakfast. I don't really have time in the morning to go foraging!

Breakfast in the fridge;

299d19208b220fbc398b590ad503dc31.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good job I gave them breakfast, with the weather the way it is its pellets & hay & dried forage for dinner!

Oh my word i feel awful now. Petra gets a small bowl full a day and that's it!! I'm going to start giving her more. What's in that?

To be fair BB, my buns weigh 12kgs between them at this point - they have big stomachs :) the base is always grass (80% or so), I think the rest in that box was Kale, Wild Rocket, Dead Nettle, Plantain, Oregano. It depends what I can find in my garden each day, the Pigeons have more or less done for the Wild Rocket now for example and I've been cropping the kale pretty hard so it could do with a break.

I find the buns prefer fresh .. quite snooty really :roll:
Mmm, I got a dirty look the other day when I put a dried leaf in their run: they thought that was it! Although they still ate it in preference to the FibaFirst sticks I'd treated them with...

Note to self: start drying towards this winters supplies!
Indeed! Someone had hacked a big bit of hazel and some bramble down the other day so that's in the airing cupboard. Considering what to do with the rest but might give it to them when we're both away next week, so they've something to do :)

Need the rain to stop to start drying! Normal service resumed tonight but it was a quick forage so just a big dinner :)

Back