• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny died today....i feel it's my fault!

bunnies95

Young Bun
I few weeks ago i posted about my girl bunny named emily, she lost a lot of weight and i was concerned......since those weeks have passed i spoke to a girl who worked at pets at home who knew emily and she said i shouldnt be worried as she is getting her summer coat and moving alot outside in her run,i made sure she had unlimited hay and i have weighed her and she was putting her weight back on so i didnt worry as much.....

today i went to go put her outside in her run (she lives in a hutch outside) and i found her just layed there, im so upset, i feel if i took her to the vets i could of prevented what she might of died of,,...she was only a young rabbits the vets said she was around 1-2 yrs....i loved her so much i couldnt go college today and people have said im being silly as its 'just a rabbit :(
i just glad i have my other 3 bunnies to cuddle and make me happy

I am very sorry to hear of Emily's passing :cry:

As it was a sudden and unexplained death and you have other Rabbits I would advise having those Rabbits checked over by a Vet ASAP incase the cause of Emily's death could pose a risk to your remaining Rabbits.

People who refer to a Rabbit as 'just a Rabbit' have to be pitied really. They are missing out on all the wonderful attributes Rabbits have and what amazing Pets they can be.

I few weeks ago i posted about my girl bunny named emily, she lost a lot of weight and i was concerned......since those weeks have passed i spoke to a girl who worked at pets at home who knew emily and she said i shouldnt be worried as she is getting her summer coat and moving alot outside in her run,i made sure she had unlimited hay and i have weighed her and she was putting her weight back on so i didnt worry as much.....

today i went to go put her outside in her run (she lives in a hutch outside) and i found her just layed there, im so upset, i feel if i took her to the vets i could of prevented what she might of died of,,...she was only a young rabbits the vets said she was around 1-2 yrs....i loved her so much i couldnt go college today and people have said im being silly as its 'just a rabbit :(
i just glad i have my other 3 bunnies to cuddle and make me happy

I'm so very sorry you lost Emily :(

You couldn't possibly have known that there was anything serious wrong with her. Quite probably, even if you had been aware, you couldn't have done anything about it. It sounds like something had been going on for a while, poor love.

I'm so glad you have three other rabbits, and I'm sure they give you lots of pleasure.

You are not being silly. There are thousands of us on this Rabbit Forum, and none of us are silly :) When we lose a loved one, we grieve. I really hope you feel better soon xx

Really sad that you have lost Emily. Binky free little bunny x
Sending caring vibes to you and your 3 buns

so sorry for your loss :cry: I will echo what jacks-jane has said about the worry of sudden death and your other rabbits

When my husband and I first having rabbits, we had two girls, Mathilda and Sweetie.
At first we thought Sweetie was just smaller than her sis and shy and a little stressed about new environment, so she doesnt really eat much and not moving much.
a couple days later we realised she still wasnt eating much, so we called pets at home, where they came from and asked if she had any kind of condition before, and they said they were fine.
Two days later, she suddenly seemed better and we were planning to have them vaccinated. Just that morning before vaccination, Sweetie was having really loose watery stool, she was later seemed better we had a nice after in the garden. That evening, she suddenly became fatigue and unresponsive. We rushed her to the 24hr vet, and the vet said it was too late. She was severely underweight and hypoglycaemic. The prognosis was only 20%. We made the hardest decision ever, to let our little Sweetie sleep and over the rainbow bridge. We were told that she was already sick before she came home with us. Days later, Mathilda refused to eat and into a state of gut stasis. She joined her little sister while sleeping in my arms.

11393143_10155773220565089_4972094932160327695_n.jpg

Sweetie, the hour before she crossed the rainbow bridge
11536452_10155789950240089_5583821509529762700_o.jpg

My beloved Mathilda
11824998_10155983254390089_2682190313597192552_n.jpg

They will always be loved and missed.
We shall reunite one day over the rainbow

Back