• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chris Packham delivers withering assessment of Rabbit Hutches.

Mainly :thumb: but :shock: at the bit about encouraging people to try eating tadpoles. There's some very curious logic going on there :?

Yes the tadpole eating part is quite odd..i don't know why they included that quote, it's not relevant to the article...apparantly he tried eating them when he was a child...to 'absorb their spirit' experiment type thing...silly thing to include in an article about Rabbit Welfare :? Especially when he is SO pro-creature welfare.

Great article otherwise :thumb:

Last edited:
Yes the tadpole eating part is quite odd..i don't know why they included that quote, it's not relevant to the article...apparantly he tried eating them when he was a child...to 'absorb their spirit' experiment type thing...silly thing to include in an article about Rabbit Welfare :? Especially when he is SO pro-creature welfare.

Great article otherwise :thumb:

:lol: Indeed!

Yeah he seems really anti- any type of cruelty, but they might as well have said that everyone should have a go at shooting migrating birds at least once in their life to instil a passion for life...I don't see how eating tadpoles is any different and yet he's extremely militant (rightly so) about the bird shooting thing. Very confusing! But I'm glad to see the hutch issue get some traction anyhow :D

I'm pleased that Chris Packham has spoken out against tiny hutches for rabbits. I was also pleased that he has spoken about his Asperger's in Fingers in the Sparkle Jar. I agree with so many of his views about animal cruelty and also the natural world. He is in my view what he himself would call "a top bloke".

I think the Guardian was wrong to complicate a message about rabbits by including the issue about the tadpoles. It was unnecessary.

Back