• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Was feeling a bit down this morning...

rowan.godfrey

Alpha Buck
Rubbish day at work yesterday left me feeling a bit down in the dumps today. What else to do but go to my favourite place in the whole wide world - the garden centre. Most of the plants in my garden are bunny safe, however they are my plants and they mean a lot to me. I have a new area which I am donating to things that the rabbits can have.

New Plants (& an old Rosemary);

1764163406da6e4571513c73bb88ade6.jpg

b2431a9e6c7c747abad5e813cdac380a.jpg

Planted;

e4cee3d2b90a121d105b3b0e2fc68881.jpg

The Lavender & Rosemary should fill out nicely this year as should the rest of the plants (Mint, Sage, Strawberries, Oregano, Cranesbill) I have a perennial kale that will go in the big remaining space (it reaches about 3ft square over time). I plan to intersow with some ground covers. I love foraging for weeds etc. but it's nice to add some interest to their diets (and stop them eating all of my existing perennial kale so I can have some! :) )

Yummy ground cover ideas welcome! I have put one Chamomile in place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rubbish day at work yesterday left me feeling a bit down in the dumps today. What else to do but go to my favourite place in the whole wide world - the garden centre. Most of the plants in my garden are bunny safe, however they are my plants and they mean a lot to me. I have a new area which I am donating to things that the rabbits can have.

New Plants (& an old Rosemary);

1764163406da6e4571513c73bb88ade6.jpg

b2431a9e6c7c747abad5e813cdac380a.jpg

Planted;

e4cee3d2b90a121d105b3b0e2fc68881.jpg

The Lavender & Rosemary should fill out nicely this year as should the rest of the plants (Mint, Sage, Strawberries, Oregano, Cranesbill) I have a perennial kale that will go in the big remaining space (it reaches about 3ft square over time). I plan to intersow with some ground covers. I love foraging for weeds etc. but it's nice to add some interest to their diets (and stop them eating all of my existing perennial kale so I can have some! :) )

Yummy ground cover ideas welcome! I have put one Chamomile in place.

That looks great :)

I would recommend Sweet Woodruff as a ground cover. It's slightly invasive, but is easily controlled. My rabbits like it.

I've never heard of a perennial Kale. Did you buy it as a plant or grow from seed?

Thanks Omni, sweet woodruff added to the list. If you google search for Daubentons Kale you will find it, it's normally around £5 a plug. It's a true perennial and is quite rare. Apart from plant breeders I know trying to force it to flower, it doesn't generally flower or set seed so us propagated by cutting. I'll post pictures of my big plants which the rabbits get their 'daily bread' from later.

Back