• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Beginning of the end?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
So it's possible Biscuit has early kidney failure. Off to see the vet on Tuesday.

His symptoms are almost identical to Ginger's (well, the kidney parts of it anyway). Drinking like a fish (do fish actually drink?), urinating bucket loads more due to this, lethargic (he's sleeping a lot more than normal, even though its quite warm), he's starting pulling all the fur from his underside and is urinating on himself a little, but is managing to keep himself clean.

i am thoroughly aware it may not be this, it's just my take on it. A gut feeling, instinct should we say.

I know i don't appear here often, but thought there may be one or two people who would like to know.

Oh no, I'm so sorry, and I really hope that are wrong, and that Bisc can be treated. I honestly don't know anything about kidneys in rabbits, but sending mega vibes for Bisc. Good luck Tuesday xxxxxx

So it's possible Biscuit has early kidney failure. Off to see the vet on Tuesday.

His symptoms are almost identical to Ginger's (well, the kidney parts of it anyway). Drinking like a fish (do fish actually drink?), urinating bucket loads more due to this, lethargic (he's sleeping a lot more than normal, even though its quite warm), he's starting pulling all the fur from his underside and is urinating on himself a little, but is managing to keep himself clean.

i am thoroughly aware it may not be this, it's just my take on it. A gut feeling, instinct should we say.

I know i don't appear here often, but thought there may be one or two people who would like to know.

I am sorry to hear this. If it is CRF you no doubt know that there is treatment that can help to keep him feeling more comfortable. Having dealt with all of Gingers problems I am sure you will know a lot about managing a 'Renal Rabbit'.

Sending vibes for Biscuit xx

I'm really sorry to hear this. It's very sad for this to happen to a rabbit.

Will the vet take bloods to ascertain if it is CRF?

Sending hugs x

Oh Graham :( I'm sorry to see this. I do adore Biccy and I am glad to see you posting again, but I wish it were under better circumstances. :(

I'm sending all the hopeful vibes I can your way for Biscuit and his upcoming visit, and I hope you and your lovely family are doing well. Please do let us know if there's anything we can do to help. xxxxx

Hi Graham, good to see you, sorry it's under these circumstances :(

Hopefully the vet can help on Tuesday and it's something they can do something about. Lots of thoughts for Biccy :love:

Oh no, poor Biccy!! :( I'm so sorry to see this :( I do hope it isn't what you think, and that it is treatable. Please give Biccy a big fuss from me x

Hi Graham. Really sorry to hear Biscuit isn't doing so well. He is one of the earliest buns I remember from when I joined RU! I hope the appointment goes well.

Back