• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buzz...buzz...hum.... My 'stray' baby bun is singing me a tune :)

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
So when I went to walk Jenna last night, Mythril, my wee semiferal bunny that has been living under my porch, came up to me throwing binkies and buzzing and humming. This is a noise I haven't heard from a rabbit since before Mimzy was neutered and of course it must mean the wee bumba is coming into season. :(

Still no idea on gender. Do only boy bunnies hum or can females do also? I am getting anxious to maybe humanely trap the little fluffball because if it's a doe I do not want more babies living under my house. I'd love to see this sweetie go to a loving home and intend to speak with my vet about possible fosters.

I am guessing this bunny is between 2-3 months old. Does that sound about right for sexual maturity? I'm afraid I've never had one this young myself.

Ta very much in advance for any help. :) xx

Oh bless he/she. Hollie and Rosie were 5 months old when I adopted them. I don't remember them buzzing - they went straight into demanding Herbie father their babies which completely flummoxed him.

I hope you are able to find someone to take the wee bun on x

Back