• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recovering well after the chop (Neuter)

lenslady

Alpha Buck
Some pics of my Bo this evening. He is having a bad moult at the moment but i think he still looks Beautiful. He has certainly grown since i last introduced him a year ago ;) He is quite a gentleman :love:

He is getting a little on the heavy side this past week. Would the neutering cause him to gain weight? He was a few pounds heavier than he should be, before the op and i have cut his staple food down quite a lot. He is a ganet. Just a bit, ever so greedy lol. I really struggled to handle him today, mind you he did enjoy his grooming and trying to rid him of all the loose fur xx

Pleased Bo is recovering well from his op - he is a lovely chap! If he is over a year old now there is no more growing to be done so watch his food. They can become a bit food obsessed and as neutered rabbits can become more laid back, they are at risk of putting more weight on, but not necessarily.

He is gorgeous :love: is he maybe eating too many pellets/carrots/treats?

He vary rarely gets carrots but they get veggies 4 times a week in the evenings. They have rabbit royale in the mornings (They have always been fed this so never stopped it), they get burgess pellets in the evenings, Meadow hay constantly and either Timothy(B&M) or Alfalfa King Timothy once a day too. They are large rabbits so I try to stagger foods throughout the day. I have cut the staple foods down to smaller portions. They get exercise regularly in their designated area. I'd like to offer more free range out of their hutches and runs but 1 The boys are currently not bonded so they have to take it in turns and 2 we are extending the area, laying slabs and growing herbs and grass which is coming on. Its 15ft by 7ft. Once bonded and the area fixed up they will have constant access to it xx

Those photos are gorgeous! I'm fairly new here, but guessing by your user name (and the quality of the pictures) that you might do photography professionally? X

Thank you everyone :) :love: TheThreeB's, yes I do photography both professionally and just for the love of it. I am currently taking some time out as my mental health isn't to good at the moment so i am just really enjoying being at home with the kids and pets x

Thank you everyone :) :love: TheThreeB's, yes I do photography both professionally and just for the love of it. I am currently taking some time out as my mental health isn't to good at the moment so i am just really enjoying being at home with the kids and pets x

You can definitely tell that you know what you are doing behind the camera :) Sorry things aren't too good at the moment, I'm sure the children and pets are a welcome distraction. I have 3 children myself, who keep me busy x

Back