• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Huge Thank You!

MightyMax

Banned
I spent today with Parsnipbun learning about a million type of forage. Well not quite, but my brain felt like it was that many :lol:

It was an absolutely brilliant day, and fantastic to see all the rabbits, the beautiful gardens and enjoy the lovely food cooked by Twigs and Steve. We had sunshine all the way.

I can now look at the foraging threads on here and they actually really mean something to me, as most of the stuff I see photos of is now hanging on my kitchen airer :)

If you are serious about foraging, and can get to one of these splendid days, then don't think twice as they are well worth a visit.

My bunnies have already sampled the delights and have made their graded selections.

Thank you Parsnipbun. You were all brilliant :wave:

I spent today with Parsnipbun learning about a million type of forage. Well not quite, but my brain felt like it was that many :lol:

It was an absolutely brilliant day, and fantastic to see all the rabbits, the beautiful gardens and enjoy the lovely food cooked by Twigs and Steve. We had sunshine all the way.

I can now look at the foraging threads on here and they actually really mean something to me, as most of the stuff I see photos of is now hanging on my kitchen airer :)

If you are serious about foraging, and can get to one of these splendid days, then don't think twice as they are well worth a visit.

My bunnies have already sampled the delights and have made their graded selections.

Thank you Parsnipbun. You were all brilliant :wave:

You're making me very jealous :)

Sounds like you had a awesome day!

Did you get to meet Albertine?

Hoppla :wave:

After you PM'd me with his details, I heard from Parsnipbun that she had done the trip to fetch him. I couldn't have left him where he was either :(

Yes, I met him :D

He is a lovely old gent. He was out in the main garden area with some chums and then went for an afternoon kip.

Thank you so much for flagging him up. He has a chance at *life* now :D

You're making me very jealous :)

I wish you could've been there Omi, I would love to have met you! There were some very knowledgable people there, and then there was the rest of us :lol:

The only downside is I came back to my garden and felt ashamed :( I have immediately added an old gnarled buddleia to the list of things to go when the conifers go. And I can see I shall have to protect my seedlings from rabbit tramplings .. And my garden looks so SMALL!! :lol:

I wish you could've been there Omi, I would love to have met you! There were some very knowledgable people there, and then there was the rest of us :lol:

:oops: I made everyone else look good :lol:

I agree, it was a brilliant day. Lots of lovely people, lovely food and I learned a heck of a lot. Made me feel a lot more confident about foraging myself now :thumb:

Thank you for being so kind - it was a wonderful day with you all - though I always feel I have not given people enough information!! . .

I should say though that apart from one cake by me (heavily disguised with local strawberries) and the vegan biccies: all the cooking was Steve's!!!

(except of course Steffies brilliant rabbit cupcakes!)

Albertine is still a bit slow this morning - I think he may have overdone himself yesterday - although it could also be that he was only neutered last weds and as one testicle was simply enormous with a growth in it - he may just be re-adjusting to being able to hop properly!!!

:oops: I made everyone else look good :lol:

I agree, it was a brilliant day. Lots of lovely people, lovely food and I learned a heck of a lot. Made me feel a lot more confident about foraging myself now :thumb:

Hi :wave:

It was really lovely to meet you and put a face to the name. Other than the face in your avatar, that is :lol:

I have to go and find some Herb Robert pretty quickly, or I may have mutiny on my hands.

What did your buns go for when you got home Scrappy's Little Helper?

Hi :wave:

It was really lovely to meet you and put a face to the name. Other than the face in your avatar, that is :lol:

I have to go and find some Herb Robert pretty quickly, or I may have mutiny on my hands.

What did your buns go for when you got home Scrappy's Little Helper?

Hi, it was lovely to meet you too :) Glad your buns liked the forage you got them. Hope you managed to track down some herb Robert and you don't have a riot on your hands!

My buns really liked the sticky weed, hawthorn, plantain and cow parsley. They didn't seem that keen on the dead white nettle, though they did eat it at the end. I have heard that one doesn't tend to be a popular choice with the buns so no surprise there!

Hoppla :wave:

After you PM'd me with his details, I heard from Parsnipbun that she had done the trip to fetch him. I couldn't have left him where he was either :(

Yes, I met him :D

He is a lovely old gent. He was out in the main garden area with some chums and then went for an afternoon kip.

Thank you so much for flagging him up. He has a chance at *life* now :D

MightyMax:wave:
It has got the best possible home now :D! Thank you so much for offering to help as well, that was very kind of you :D
He can now finally experience a proper rabbit life with lots of friends, space and forage.

Parsnipbun:wave:
Thanks a lot again for rescuing him. I hope he brings you much joy and many happy years. :)!

Back