• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look who's home

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
😂

Clem came home this evening. He is really subdued but he was sedated this morning and has had a long journey.

His breathing is noisy and he is still choking :( I'm really hoping this improves as he settles down. He also has subcutaneous emphysema from the hole in his neck so feels very weird to touch.

At the moment he doesn't want to know us and is in his poorly place on the floor but he is eating pellets and Pooing. Although his poo is white which is disconcerting!

His bill was even more than we anticipated at £5000 so I really hope its all worked! So he's now worth almost £7000, God only knows how we will pay it off. But if he is well at the end of it, it will be worth it

81c8e816d401883b74384357631b8daa.jpg

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Excellent news! I can't even imagine how over the moon you are that little man is home again.

Oh my that is a lot of money! I was shocked by Storm's £2500 bill but I feel lucky now, knowing that Clem's is double that!

Welcome home Clem :love:

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Excellent news! I can't even imagine how over the moon you are that little man is home again.

Oh my that is a lot of money! I was shocked by Storm's £2500 bill but I feel lucky now, knowing that Clem's is double that!

Welcome home Clem :love:

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Given we were quoted £700-1500 and no-one told us how much it was going up yet they still expected us to pay it all before we left today!

Given we were quoted £700-1500 and no-one told us how much it was going up yet they still expected us to pay it all before we left today!

I'm glad he' s home but that really isn't fair, to quote you one thing and charge another. Is there any way to challenge it? (Nicely, but still...)

So pleased for you that he's home. I hope now that he's over his journey and settled back in he's happier and presents as more "well" and you can finally relax ... if that's ever going to be possible with him!

So, so happy he's home :love:

Aww Clem!! Im so glad he's home but sending millions of vibes he's feeling better soon! :love:

It's good that he's eating well though, and bet your so pleased he's home! So do they think it's worked?

Regarding the bill - seriously if I was in your shoes, I would defiantly challenge it, at the end of the day.. The way you have been treated is disgusting, even when tariq had a go at you - It's not fair. When Harvey went in towards the end, everytime he had a procedure.. They would call me with what they were doing and how much is was going up by, so I constantly had a rough figure in my head of what everything was but not doing this for you is just not on. Thinking about it, I know I'm registered their as my main vet but still everyone should be treated the same. Try and have a word with Neil, I'm not promising they will do anything but it's worth a try. I took honey for a CT scan one day, even took a day of work specially to have the machine not work. I was livid, so I wasn't charged that day and they ended up reducing a small amount off the price when she did go back for her CT to cover my fuel etc. xxx

So glad Clem is home.

Surely they don't expect you to pay that sort of bill all at once?

I'd have hoped they could work out a repayment plan for you - especially as it is so much more than you were quoted.

We did comment how much more it was but they wanted it there and then so it's all on my credit card which has a rather high interest rate.

Wow! That is not on! Their customer service has been pretty awful since Clem has been there, but then again at least you have him home again! [emoji4]

Wow! That is not on! Their customer service has been pretty awful since Clem has been there, but then again at least you have him home again! [emoji4]

Well exactly :) Neil has rung this morning to check on us and was absolutely lovely. He has been amazing. Always rung when he said he would an explained everything. It's just when he wasn't there, especially weekends that were awful.

I've been so lucky with Anton Vets. I did pay most of the bill (with help) but John agreed I could pay the remainder at £10 a month which is what I am paying all my creditors. I get a statement once a month to see how it is going.

I

Great news that he is home. Everything crossed for him. Can you look at a 0% balance transfer for your credit card. I appreciate it may not be possible. Hugs xxx

Great news that he is home. Everything crossed for him. Can you look at a 0% balance transfer for your credit card. I appreciate it may not be possible. Hugs xxx

As I've got no income I am stuck with the card I've got. On the plus side it has a huge limit in it, thank goodness

Thank you all :)

He managed a short potter round the garden. I always think a little bit of sunshine really helps recovery

Back