• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

something attacked my rabbits

margeret

New Kit
Hi there,
3 of my rabbits were got attacked last day !! I’m not sure about the culprit. I came home from school to find a heartbreaking scene. :roll: I don't know if it could have been a raccoon because we have a small garden in our backyard and they love such places as gardens are an easy source of food. Once I have seen them in our garden too. Anyway, I took them to the vet and he told that the bite to the neck is not very deep and gave them some fluids and antibiotics. They are back home now but has not improved. How can I treat it and help her to survive? One is not eating anything and doesn't move much .
Does anyone have any advice, please for cats or bunnies which have been attacked by raccoons or dogs???
We have 10 more bunnies and so , I would like to know about some good wild life removal services in Canada or UK. Remove the wild is a suggestion by my wife. Any more choices ?

How long ago were you at the vet? Shock can trigger stasis (gut slow down) so she may need to go back for drugs to help with that.

The bunny may have sustained injuries the vet could not see, especially if your bunny struggled or its attacker shook your bunny.
Make sure your bunny stays warm and you may need to syringe feed some recovery food too.
Did the vet give any pain medication? A bunny in pain will not eat.

I was also going to suggest the bunny may have a pain.I would ask the vet if he/she would consider giving pain medication.
Im sorry you had such a shock.I hope your bunny will be ok.

Back