• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Code & Oliver to vets for check ups without me !!!

nickybunny1

Mama Doe
So my husband is taking te boys to the vet today - the first time I have never went - he is off work anyway so it doesn't make sense this time for me to take leave as well . Oh I soo wanted to go just to reassure them when they are scared. Cody will have his eye ulcer checked as well as his ear and Oliver is getting a 6 monthly MOT but he is peeing alot more so not sure if he maybe has an infection going on or sludge build up. So I tucked them in to their carriers and sent my husband off to the vets with a wee note for the vet for each bun. So hopefully good updates.

So my husband is taking te boys to the vet today - the first time I have never went - he is off work anyway so it doesn't make sense this time for me to take leave as well . Oh I soo wanted to go just to reassure them when they are scared. Cody will have his eye ulcer checked as well as his ear and Oliver is getting a 6 monthly MOT but he is peeing alot more so not sure if he maybe has an infection going on or sludge build up. So I tucked them in to their carriers and sent my husband off to the vets with a wee note for the vet for each bun. So hopefully good updates.

Oooh thinking of you Nicky!

I always find OH's never listen to all the details. Often thought of sending them along with a voice recorder so I don't have to grill them about what the vet actually said :lol:

Look forward to news later ...

Well vet rang me there to update. Codys ulcer has healed !! Yeah !! And everything else is good. Oliver has sludge build up - not too bad but slight slight infection so baytril and metacam for him. I find we usually get about a year between bladder flushes for him. So vet said my hubby was very good with them. He is great to be honest so I will relax when all 3 r home safe. Voice recorder lol good thinking!!

That's lovely news :) You must be so relieved about Cody.

Its always good to have a bunny loving husband on side. My OH has a tendency to say really stupid things in the vet :? I let him in in the interests of learning & cos I'm reliant on him for transport there

Well vet rang me there to update. Codys ulcer has healed !! Yeah !! And everything else is good. Oliver has sludge build up - not too bad but slight slight infection so baytril and metacam for him. I find we usually get about a year between bladder flushes for him. So vet said my hubby was very good with them. He is great to be honest so I will relax when all 3 r home safe. Voice recorder lol good thinking!!

This is really good news, and gave you a break from all that driving!

Yes very relieved . I had worried about it not going and having problems so that's good plus eye pressure down to 24. The other eye is up a little but still 23. Just feel so sorry for Oliver as he really isn't keen on the low calcium veg and he sees me giving Cody his stuff though mainly keep it the same. But the odd time Oliver goes to eat parsley or something that I have sneaked to Cody and I have to remove it. Makes me feel so bad for him . Am going to order some oxbow timothy hay as a treat for him.

Yes very relieved . I had worried about it not going and having problems so that's good plus eye pressure down to 24. The other eye is up a little but still 23. Just feel so sorry for Oliver as he really isn't keen on the low calcium veg and he sees me giving Cody his stuff though mainly keep it the same. But the odd time Oliver goes to eat parsley or something that I have sneaked to Cody and I have to remove it. Makes me feel so bad for him . Am going to order some oxbow timothy hay as a treat for him.

Oh I know that feeling - keeping food away from one bun. Can make the other resentful and unhappy, even if you try and do it secretly.

Is he on low calcium water and restricted pellets? I'm sure we've had this discussion before :)

Yes he is Max and he begrudgingly picks at the low calcium pellets though he does love his hay bales and I pick lots of fresh grass.

Back