• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jimmy Jackdaw 17/5/2016

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper

We found you in the garden on Saturday, April 23 with your wing hanging down and Mike took you to the emergency vet's and we were told you had a fractured wing. We brought you home and contacted bird sanctuaries for advice and care . Today you went to our vet's to see how your wing was but you had a bone sticking out under your wing and an open wound and we had to let you go.
For the time we cared for you, you taught us the Jackdaw call for food and the Jackdaw call to roost, you were under a year old , handsome and so inquisitive and we soon fell in love with you.

So sorry Jimmy we couldn't fix you but hope for the time you were with us you felt safe and loved,

Fly home to the Bridge Jimmy Jackdaw all well again
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I am soo sorry to hear about Jimmy. :cry: He got looked after so well and you did everything you could have possibly done for him! Fly free Jimmy Jackdaw. Xxx

So sorry about Jimmy, at least he was saved and loved in his final hours.
Jackdaws are awesome. A friend of mine rescued one as a small chick. He quickly became very tame and learned to speak simple words. He is a much loved pet and very well cared for.

In captivity they can live to well over 20+yrs.

Aww, that's really sad, but I am sure you did everything you could.
Fly free Jimmy Jackdaw xx

So sorry about Jimmy, at least he was saved and loved in his final hours.
Jackdaws are awesome. A friend of mine rescued one as a small chick. He quickly became very tame and learned to speak simple words. He is a much loved pet and very well cared for.

In captivity they can live to well over 20+yrs.

I don't think I realised just how beautiful they were till we found Jimmy and he taught us so much about Jackdaws. Your friend is very lucky, I just wish things had turned out better for Jimmy :'(

xx

Thank you for doing what you did! A lot of people overlook Jackdaws, but they really are so characteristic and beautiful, those blue eyes are just so lovely.

I was so sad to read this Maysie.... Ive followed him on f/b and prayed that he would be ok..... You've done so much for him...... even buying him a big cage and the special food..... At least jimmy knew love and kindness...... Fly free Jimmy xxxxx

Back