• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleepy day

MrsCoultas

Mama Doe
I've had a lovely morning playing with Ragnar, trying to keep him active and happy after losing Poppy. He's doing really well :) I put half of his pellets into his dish last night and half into a treat ball, just to keep him occupied, and it worked. Although the cheeky boy figured out if he put it into on of the hay trays then he could back it into a corner and throw it around a bit more. Now he's all sleepy and crashed for the afternoon :)

13233054_10156928554405068_3940621215148431642_n.jpg

I'm pleased to hear both you and Ragnar are coming to terms with your loss. Rabbits don't tend to get as upset as we humans (thankfully). xx

Aww he looks so relaxed and comfortable there. He's possibly dreaming of ways to get the pellets out of the treat ball even more speedily :lol:

Just been sat watching him, and he just rolled over on his back lol I've never seen a bunny do that before, was very cute :)
024087271545bbe07a909f30da4d1377.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

He is doing really well, I think I've said this before but it's probably a blessing that they didn't fully bond, or were only bonded for a few days, I can't imagine how hard it would be for the bun left behind after the passing of their companion, or for the owner!

My mum sent some treats in the post, she gets these really nice sugar free treats where they live (a couple of the ones she's sent aren't sugar free, so will be given on very special occasions!) and always brings some over whenever they visit. But they haven't been over since Christmas, I was running low and asked her to get some a couple of weeks ago, she posted them Saturday with plenty for Poppy and Ragnar to share, but then Poppy took her turn that night. All the treats arrived today though and he was so, so, sooooo happy haha :)

"Look mummy, there's treats! C'mooooon, come look!"
13230965_10156928171000068_492831165_o.jpg

"I wants these ones first please mummy!"
13224107_10156928171080068_453141140_o.jpg

He's doing very well :) Also, you see the dark patches on his back? That's where fur had been pulled from him by Poppy when I was bonding them. The skin looks fine but I'm so confused as to why it's grown back black haha. Poppy leaving her mark on him I think, her saying 'this is my husbun' ;)

He's doing very well :) Also, you see the dark patches on his back? That's where fur had been pulled from him by Poppy when I was bonding them. The skin looks fine but I'm so confused as to why it's grown back black haha. Poppy leaving her mark on him I think, her saying 'this is my husbun' ;)

How long is the fur now? Mimzy often has very dark stubble when it's only the velvet or slightly longer coming through, but otherwise he is a brown bunny. Also anywhere he's had surgery the fur has returned very dark.

Of course now that he's older he is quite multicoloured from multiple moults. I think it's a normal thing and as long as the fur is the only change, it will probably shift back to normal after Ragnar blows his coat next time. :)

I am glad to see he is doing well. I hope you are too. I know it has been a very hard time for you. Thinking of you and sending hugs. xxxxxxx

Ohhhhh he is just gorgeous. How are you doing coming to terms with everything? I'm really sorry to read about Poppy x
I'm ok, I've been ruminating quite a lot, what if's and stuff, and then scolding myself when I realise that I haven't been thinking of her constantly. I know it's not realistic, but I'll get there eventually, she was a happy girl and I know we made her life infinitely better, I just find it difficult to be kind to myself sometimes. Ragnar is doing so well and I'm just really looking forward to bringing him downstairs once the dogs have gone back to my in-laws :)

How long is the fur now? Mimzy often has very dark stubble when it's only the velvet or slightly longer coming through, but otherwise he is a brown bunny. Also anywhere he's had surgery the fur has returned very dark.

Of course now that he's older he is quite multicoloured from multiple moults. I think it's a normal thing and as long as the fur is the only change, it will probably shift back to normal after Ragnar blows his coat next time. :)

I am glad to see he is doing well. I hope you are too. I know it has been a very hard time for you. Thinking of you and sending hugs. xxxxxxx

It's still quite short, and like you said almost velvety! His fur is quite long and smooth usually, I think because it is so smooth that it's difficult to see how long it actually is, then it's almost like fluff closer to the skin :) The only surgery I know of is when he was neutered but he's pure white underneath and can't tell at all :lol:

Here is is again, sleeping in pretty much the same place, I just find it funny because Poppy always used to prefer to sleep in a corner or to the side of something (I realised it was a security thing) but Ragnar will flop anywhere! And I think it's because when he was rescued he was found in a 2ft or 3ft dirty hutch, so he is probably just glad to be able to flop anywhere he likes :)

13232962_10156931933235068_5229495843437478906_n.jpg

Back